looking for a Lt Wt hiker with roomy toe box but tighter heel cup

handwerk

WKR
tried to get my feet to like the salomon GTX's but no go. I have heavy duty boots covered just looking for an early season hiker to fit my foot needs, any suggestions appreciated.

Meindl Perfekt Hiker, 7" sold by Cabelas has a roomy toe box and narrower heel section, but it is also roomer behind the heel. Perfekt Hunter/Hiker boots never give me blisters on my bony heels whereas many other boots, including other models of Meindl boots outside of the Perfekt line do. Good luck!

I'm sure lathrop and sons boots are high quality. (By their selection they probably wouldn't sell them if not) beware of the costs if you're going for the custom system though. When I bought the $150 imprint kit website said that would be deducted from the total boot cost. Was told that's not the policy anymore but since I was able to prove the websit said it they would've honored it. Next problem is after a little more in depth explanation I found out that the average total cost of the custom boot system is in the upper $800 range. This is not a slam post on them. Just a heads up to anyone else whose looking at it. I'm sure the custom systems are the bomb. But, I don't know anyone who can justify that much for boots. Web site is a little misleading. Let my $150 lesson be a warning to the rest of you.

I am a 12.5-13 EEE with a narrow heel.

For the role you describe I have had good luck with a pair of crispi Idahos. I liked them enough that I picked up a second pair when black Otis put them on sale. Comfy. Well built. No durability issues so far. I ran them last year and put about 100 mile s on my first pair. My new favorite boot. No insulation so they breath pretty well for goretex. Depending on how warm / cold your feet are you May want to go with insulated boots for colder weather.

There is a mid height version as well. A little lighter weight but basically the same boot I think.