Help needed on a few boots

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought some Lowa Tibets and although I like the boots it just didn't feel that great on my feet. Had a spot on my left ball that shot pain in my big toe (turf toe). The only other boots ive ever had to do that was a pair of lacrosse alpha burleys that has 1500 grams thins-lite in them. With the fact I really cant try any of them on before I buy them I was wanting some opinion's on some boots. I've narrowed them down to these for my Colorado Elk hunt....

Schnees Beartooth
Schnees's Granite
ZAMBERLAN 980 OUTFITTER
Scarpa Triolet's

A great option is to buy them from someplace like Zappos or Amazon prime, they offer free shipping and returns are easy. I just did this with a new pair of trail running shoes, purchased 3 pair, tried them on and wore them around the house to confirm which size was best and then returned the others.

idig4au

WKR
scarpa triolets are a good classic mountaineering boot. They would be a good choice if you like a stiff but fairly light boot and if you have wide feet. My feet didn't like them.....too wide in the heal. I would venture to say they would be the stiffest of your boot choices.

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
Schnees Beartooths are great. I love mine! I don't think I will ever buy a different boot other than Schnees. They are really comfortable, you will not find better customer service IMO and they have held up great so far. Give them a try and I think you will be happy. I will probably pick up a pair of un-insulated Beartooths and the Granites, maybe a pack boot when I am in Montana in a few months. If they fit your feet, you will love them I can promise you that. I have replied to a few other boot threads before about how I like my Schnees so much, but happy feet are hard to beat my friend. Awesome Boots by Awesome people!

^^^^ What he said. I have a pair of Schnee Absaroka and I won't be buying any other pair of boots ever again.

The absaroka are in between stiffness, of the granites (being the stiffest) and the beartooths. They dont come in the 8" high version, and I was skeptical about this at first, but they cover the ankle just fine and provide plenty of support.

Read their description for each boot, the Absaroka is meant for little to some above treeline hunting, the way I understood it was the granite was more for sheep/goat hunting. So between the 2 of the Schnee's pairs I would go beartooth unless you plan on spending a lot of time above treeline.