La Sportiva Nucleo - A good option for narrow feet

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to give a heads up for guys like me with skinny feet. These seem to be a great fit, full foot cradle with no slippage. I have Lowa Tibet's that fit decent, but are heavy and wanted something lighter. The Nucleos are half the weight (2.1 lbs per pair instead of 4 lbs for the Tibets.) They are Nubuck with a goretex membrane and synthetic tongue. Also a decent amount of cushion as opposed to the jarring effect in the heavier boots.

These were not even on my radar but I tried them on at REI and had to take them home. I'll try to update regarding their durability, but La Sportiva's have a great reputation in that department so I'm sure they are fine. I'll keep the Tibets in the truck in case I need them for a heavy packout.

Cheers

BSeals71

WKR
I have the Lowa Tibets and have been looking for a lighter boot also. I'll have to give those La Sportiva Nucleo a try. I don't think i have "skinny feet" but i do have a very narrow heel cup with big calves = bad recipe for constant heal blisters.

Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
What is the rest of your foot like? I will say the Nucleo's have a pretty small vertically, both in the forefoot and toe box...I guess you would call that "low volume"? Perfect for me but might be an issue for others.

Love me the low volume fit of Sportivas, they still seem to work well with a large variety of feet too. I wish more boots would fit the same!

JeremyB

FNG
Just wanted to give a heads up for guys like me with skinny feet. These seem to be a great fit, full foot cradle with no slippage. I have Lowa Tibet's that fit decent, but are heavy and wanted something lighter. The Nucleos are half the weight (2.1 lbs per pair instead of 4 lbs for the Tibets.) They are Nubuck with a goretex membrane and synthetic tongue. Also a decent amount of cushion as opposed to the jarring effect in the heavier boots.

These were not even on my radar but I tried them on at REI and had to take them home. I'll try to update regarding their durability, but La Sportiva's have a great reputation in that department so I'm sure they are fine. I'll keep the Tibets in the truck in case I need them for a heavy packout.

Cheers

How are these working out for you? I tried a pair on at REI tonight and they felt great so I ordered a pair after trying on several others. Hoping to hear some good things and will share my experiences once I get them out on the hills.

OP
H

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
How are these working out for you? I tried a pair on at REI tonight and they felt great so I ordered a pair after trying on several others. Hoping to hear some good things and will share my experiences once I get them out on the hills.

I returned them after a few months, actually. The small red piece of rubber on the heel started to separate slightly, and I didn't want to have a full separation on my elk hunt. I ended up getting a pair of La Sportiva Trango TRK's that have a similar fit and have held up extremely well so far. Link: La Sportiva Trango TRK GTX Hiking Boots - Men's at REI

I do have to say that the staff at REI said they have sold a ton of Nucleos and hadn't had any returned before mine, so maybe it was a fluke.