Anyone wearing Salomon Quest 4d 2 GTX?

John Kimble

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has Solomon​ Quests and loves them. I wear Lowa Renegades and love them. The Renegades are very light and durable. Try to get on experticity.com they have Solomon at almost half off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This will be my first season with them.

My brother uses them and really likes them so I thought I would give them a try.

I did have to change my lacing a bit and tighten up the lower section a lot more. i was slamming the front of the boot with my toes on downhills with heavy loads. Seems to be working better. No issues at all in my last training session.

Had some Keen's that worked really well for a couple of seasons then the last year I wore them, they totally shredded my feet. Hopefully these will do well this year.

I've been through almost two dozen pairs of boots, and the Salomon's are the only ones that work for my feet for 1-2 weeks of continuous hunting. The original Quest didn't work for me, but the updated version is perfect. Previously I could only use the now discontinued Conquest. Durability isn't the best, but you can usually find them for that $120-150 mark, and I would think they'll last the average hunter 2-3 years.

NDGuy

WKR
I recently bought a pair and I love them so far. Great ankle support for a mid ankle boot and they feel great without too much of a break in period.

Make sure not to buy them until they are on sale for $120ish. Amazon, sporting goods stores, backpacking sites etc.

I got a pair early this spring. I got them for a 28.3 mile hike I did in may for make a wish foundation. I did training hikes in them and the 28.3 miler. Plus I hunted turkeys in them and have no clue how many miles I covered in them during the season. I really like them. I used to go with the heavy, insulated hunting boots but my feet always sweated except for the very coldest days. I believe I'll stick with the uninsulated from here on out unless it just brutally cold or I'm stand hunting. That being said not to many brutally cold days here in NC and if I go back to PA to hunt it can go either way. Brutally cold for me is single digits or colder usually as long as I'm dry. Leaking seems to be the biggest complaint about these boots but I haven't had them long enough to notice any water getting in them.

boom

WKR
Just did my first backpack trip with them. they were damn nice.

the only complaint i had were with my left boot. i had a really hard time lacing them up so the tongue would not bunch up and press against my shin. my right boot had ZERO pressure points anywhere. i dont know if my boots are defective or my horrendous body is also not symmetrical. i had to run my left boot with a knot at the top of my foot and run up my ankle looser than i liked. i would carefully lay the tongue flat against my
shin/ankle..and go up with the lace experimenting with tautness.. i hope i figure it out before the hunt season. maybe they break in. dunno.

waterproof..yup. we camped near water. the water was off of a two foot drop off. i didnt have the yoga skills or balance to reach the water from the top. so i found it best to stand on this submerged flat rock with one foot and be on my knee with the other leg, on shore. i think yoga-folks call that move the "Peeing dog" or something..well, my boot never leaked when i was my turn to pump water.

you guys with matching ankles must love them boots..my right side was in heaven.

I was able to pick up a new pair on Prime Day yesterday for $101.77! I'll have 3 pairs of these in rotation now. The oldest pair isn't very waterproof anymore, but should still have a lot of good miles left.

There is another thread about them under Gear Deals (last category on Forum page). Last post says he got them on Amazon Prime for $112. I paid more than that for mine, and after two days, they are extremely comfortable and fit true to size. I like them, and would definitely buy them again.

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
My first pair lasted me about 4 years.. I loved them so I bought a new pair.. they lasted just over a year and have fallen apart. The quality has gone down hill big time and I will not buy another pair!

Today I bought a pair of Lowa Camino's GTX. Way nicer of a boot, and much better quality!

mcseal2

WKR
I just bought a pair, glad to see all the great reviews. I wanted a lighter and less expensive boot for some of my hunting, I love my Kennetrek boots but they cost enough I want them to last. I figure if I can train and do some hunts in these I'll save the Kennetreks for when I need the really stiff boot.