Scarpa Boots

OP
MuleDeerMike
Hoping someone here can answer this question. Is there any difference between the normal Scarpa Charmoz and the one Kuiu offers, other than the Kuiu boot having more gray and less orange fabric.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oenanthe

WKR
Can anyone comment regarding the Scarpa fit, from one model to another?

The Scarpa lasts do vary somewhat. You can find out more about the various lasts here: https://www.scarpa.com/DownloadPdf?dataResourceId=Lasting. (Try the Lasting document in the Resource Library at Resource Library: SCARPA North America if that 1st link doesn't work).

I've got both Kinesis GTX and older Charmoz GTX and they definitely fit differently, although I like them both for my wide forefoot.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering the Rebel K. Is the flex of the sole similar to a lowa Tibet?

I am having a really tough time finding boots that fit comfortably. Literally have 6 pairs sitting here that I have ordered to try out. My right foot is half a size smaller than left and in almost every one that causes the leather/laces to bunch and push down on the top of my right foot where the boot flexes. Have tried different lacing techniques, insoles, and no luck.

Wondering if the plastic piece in the rebel k tongue might help alleviate some pressure. Any other ideas?

I've tried: lowa Tibet, zamberlan 980 guide gtx, kenetrek mountain, Hanwag Alaska and a couple others.

Use for the boot, Scottish highland stag hunting, BC mountain goat, Colorado elk.

Appreciate any insight offered. Thanks.

OP
MuleDeerMike
I just heard that the R-Evolution have been recalled for the rand separating from the boot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

haussjr

Lil-Rokslider
They aren't KUIU, but I picked up the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX in February and have had no complaints. These are a leather boot with the rubber rind protection. Wore them in ankle deep water with no leaks for about 30 minutes while up in Alaska. They are a pretty stiff boot and took about 25 miles to break in but now they are like a glove with no hot spots or heel slippage. Now have about 60 miles on them but the vibram sole shows almost no wear at all. It is a very well built boot.

Daniel_M

WKR
They aren't KUIU, but I picked up the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX in February and have had no complaints. These are a leather boot with the rubber rind protection. Wore them in ankle deep water with no leaks for about 30 minutes while up in Alaska. They are a pretty stiff boot and took about 25 miles to break in but now they are like a glove with no hot spots or heel slippage. Now have about 60 miles on them but the vibram sole shows almost no wear at all. It is a very well built boot.

x2

Very happy with the Kinesis Pro. Been running them all pre-season for sheep and they've been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone with bunions wear scarpas? I broke my right foot when I was younger, it was not rebuilt the best and it left me with a rather large bunion on my foot. Ive been looking at some Charmoz's for quite some time and I can pick them up on sale pretty cheap. Unfortunately there is not a retailer within 400 miles of me where I could try them on. Looking for some input on how they fit.
TIA

Akicita

WKR
Anyone with bunions wear scarpas? I broke my right foot when I was younger, it was not rebuilt the best and it left me with a rather large bunion on my foot. Ive been looking at some Charmoz's for quite some time and I can pick them up on sale pretty cheap. Unfortunately there is not a retailer within 400 miles of me where I could try them on. Looking for some input on how they fit.
TIA

If its on the 1st metatarsal I'm going to say probably not. Scarpa is a relatively narrow last boot. Not much room in the toe box and not much give in the toe box.

Daniel_M

WKR
Scarpas run about the most narrow in comparison to other brands, and the Charmoz is their narrowest fitting boot.

Scarpas run about the most narrow in comparison to other brands, and the Charmoz is their narrowest fitting boot.

I think they changed the last in the latest charmoz with outdry liner to be narrower than the previous gore Tex lined model. The gore Tex ones I had were definitely wider than say a sportiva trango last. Most notably in the forefoot area.

Madmooner

FNG
The old school Scarpa Rios were hands down my favorite boots! They were heavy, but fit me soooo well I never minded the weight. They held up well too for an all leather boot. Shame they stopped making them and it seems got rid of their old lasts as well. The newer Scarpa boots don't fit anything like the newer ones.

Wish they would bring back wide options. I had a pair of Kailash in wide and they were the best boots I've owned. Since they bit the dust its been hard to find a replacement.

Just got the R-evolution GTX (non KUIU model) and they are a *little* wider than the kailash but not by much.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I thought the only thing exclusive for the Kuiu Scarpa was the colors?

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I thought the only thing exclusive for the Kuiu Scarpa was the colors?

No, the three models they released are exclusive collaborations. They are parts of other boots (rebel, charmoz, etc). They have a model that is super similar in name as the most flexible (r-evolution plus) version (r-evolution trek), but it isn't the same boot.