Preview of Rokslide review- Crispi Thor

Brendan

WKR
I've been out in these again - only my second real hike. Again, relatively flat, but 8 miles in the heat with a 35-40lb pack. No hotspots at all - although I really need some better hills to see how heels and toes react. That's one of that bad parts of living near the city.

I'm really liking the fit around my ankle, flexibility, breathability, weight and overall comfort. Some people have mentioned the plastic supports around the forefoot and the fit of the tongue - both of those are fine with my foot, although I see how it would be easy to over-tighten the front of the boot and cause your feet to cramp up. (The tongue is something I really like so far)

The lacing is covered above - but it doesn't really affect the fit of the boot, it's just a little more finicky to get the forefoot tightness exactly where you want it and keep it cinched down before lacing the top of the boot.

Once everything's laced up - they're great. Much more comfortable and a quicker break in than my stiffer Scarpa Triolets and my full leather Bean Crestas.

Last edited:
OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
030dd26bafb22a7ceb7199ef300c7385.jpg

The Thor is still impressing me with every hike.
I picked up another pair from a different manufacturer that I've been testing as well. Those other boots will prob not see much action.
The Crispi is very comfortable with weight in the pack and moderate slope. This was at Sugarloaf ski resort and I had 55# in the Kifaru.
Up
Down
Up down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tony, that was one of the more interesting boot reviews I've read. I've got boots coming out my ears, but you've piqued my interest on this one.

Great review Tony! I noticed that Crispi didn't use their ankle support system on the Thor, probably to save weight. I would be curious how on other Crispi boots the ankle support (ABSS) feels or if you even notice a difference.

Adam

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Great review Tony! I noticed that Crispi didn't use their ankle support system on the Thor, probably to save weight. I would be curious how on other Crispi boots the ankle support (ABSS) feels or if you even notice a difference.

Adam

These were my first pair of Crispi boots so I can't compare to their other models. I have boots that are more supportive and some that are less.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I wore them all this week!

I am in the business of testing gear so I will be using several boots every year. I had 5 different pair with me all fall this season. This was my first pair of Crispi boots but I doubt it will be the last.

Slim Jim

WKR
Good write up Tony How have the soles held up? A few years ago, I had a pair of the summit browns and the sole wore out pretty quick. Just wondering because I have a new pair of the Thors. I’ll be putting them to the test next week on an 8 day hunt.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Good write up Tony How have the soles held up? A few years ago, I had a pair of the summit browns and the sole wore out pretty quick. Just wondering because I have a new pair of the Thors. I’ll be putting them to the test next week on an 8 day hunt.

The soles have worn very well. I should have mentioned in the article that they have a relatively shallow lug depth and that I did have concerns on life span upon first inspection.
I have continued to wear them daily at work (home builder) and they still look great. Not really any significant wear on the soles.

Benjblt

WKR
I just got a pair to test out. Check out the vid and I will be here if anyone has any questions.
I am hoping to get them out for some back pack cardio soon...
Crispi Thor GTX - YouTube

*CORRECTION*

The weight of the size 11 (44.5) is 2.9 lbs. Not 2.3 lbs as I stated in the video, My scale was in need of a re-calibration and it didn't become evident to me until later. Sorry about that!

Edit:

Review is complete. Check it out Crispi Thor GTX Review

Pic-1.jpg.jpg

Do you feel like you can lock in your heel well with the lacing system? How would you compare this boot to the Wyoming (even if you haven't used it)?

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Do you feel like you can lock in your heel well with the lacing system? How would you compare this boot to the Wyoming (even if you haven't used it)?

I have never even tried on the WY so I can’t compare.
Yes I can lock the heel in just fine. It was one of my worries when I got them just because of the lack of a lace hook in the traditional “heel lock” spot but they cinch door on my foot nicely.
My CO buck packout this year included a three mile decent that was VERY steep.
I had the entire boned. Out deer and camp on my back. The heel stayed put even during that Long decent.

Benjblt

WKR
I have never even tried on the WY so I can’t compare.
Yes I can lock the heel in just fine. It was one of my worries when I got them just because of the lack of a lace hook in the traditional “heel lock” spot but they cinch door on my foot nicely.
My CO buck packout this year included a three mile decent that was VERY steep.
I had the entire boned. Out deer and camp on my back. The heel stayed put even during that Long decent.

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
As an update to the review, I’d like to add that the Thor is proving to be incredibly durable.
Upon the end of the hunting season, I had to return to work full time. I know, cry me a river, right.
I always turn the previous years Hunting boots into work boots so the Thor was up to bat.
I have worn these 5 days a week since November working residential construction. No leaks, tears or rips. Still comfy and as long as I was moving, they stayed warm all winter. (I was on Lake Michigan all winter framing and siding a high end lake front home.).
Boots don’t typically live long for me, especially after I start using them for work.
The Crispi Thor is holding it’s own.
f1381bfc28eedc15f5d5df51895622b5.jpg

287bbd52ef01bf9f7d9e3b9aaab7a80d.jpg

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
was looking at these on blackovis tonight, none in my size 10 or 10.5, they do have some 9.5's though, how doe these run fit wise (big or small) i noticed in your review you said fit was pretty much spot on though