Eastern Hunter - Crispi Boot Advice / Fit compared to Salomon's

163dm

FNG
Guys I need some advice.

What are your thoughts on Crispi Nevadas vs Idaho's, and insulated vs un-insulated boots?
Those of you that have run the Salomon's Quest 4d do the Crispis run narrower comparatively or about the same?
Anyone running un-insulated boots with overboots for late season?

The Backstory Below.
I tagged along for a elk hunt (no tag) in 2015 (3rd rifle) and used my Salomons Quest 4D's. I trained on some local trails with increasing pack weight starting at 25 and went up to 85lbs. The Salomons did great training, and during the hunt my feet even stayed dry during the latter part of our hunt with about 8-12 inches of snow. My feet froze when we were sitting or standing for a couple of hours. The toe guard rubber and parts of the soles are starting to separate. I wear 10.5 wide in a work boots and the Salomons don't come in wide. I can barely fit a thicker sock in my Salomon's to get more warmth without getting pinched toes.

I live in Alabama and obviously will be training here. My truck said 92 deg. at lunch. Humidity regularly runs from 50 to 100 which means sweat bucket time for this evenings hike after work. I can only afford one set of boots. Otherwise I would buy a pair of insulated and un-insulated in the same model. I have concluded that I need to go with a un-insulated boot and try using Arctic Shield Overboots or Day One Creepers for when I am glassing/sitting still for long periods of time.

Leaning hard toward Nevada's 10.5W with a set of overboots. Am I screwing up????

wyosteve

WKR
I wear 4D's and had Crispi Wyomings. The Crispis were more narrow in the toe area and wider in the mid-sole. Sold the Crispis b/c the 4D's fit me better.

Dameon

WKR
It sounds like you are on the right track to me. I have the Salomon Quest 4D's in size 10.5 and the Day One Creepers in large. I get along just fine with uninsulated boots unless I stop to glass for a while. If I'm moving, my feet stay toasty warm. I used my Creepers to keep my feet warm during late season still hunting whitetails here in MO. They take a little finesse to get on, so I would consider ordering an XL to make things easier if you go with wide boots. If you're going to order the Crispi Boots, I would order through BlackOvis. They have excellent customer service and they offer Rokslide members a 10% discount on most things. However, if you liked the Salomon Quests and just want a higher quality wide boot, I think the Crispi Summit boots are more what you are looking for. I am upgrading to the Summit's myself for next year.

Rizzy

WKR
My Crispi Wild's fit similar to my Zamberlans, both the same size and true to size for me with super feet green and wool sock. I usually use insulated boots from September to June. The insulation kept my feet warm down to about 25-30.

OP

163dm

FNG
Thanks for the input guys. It looks like everyone is out of the Crispi's in a 10.5w. I signed up for the notification list. As a side note Cabela's has 20% off their branded footwear. I'm gonna go try on some Denali's.

Are there any other brands of overboots I should be looking at? Right now I like what I see of the Day One creepers. Damon how cold have you taken that combo?

The Salomons run wider
Crispi is narrower at toe
I personally feel Salomon is a better everyday boot

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk