Hotspot help

Puma

FNG
hello boot gurus, recently i have been developing hot spots on both my right pinky toe, and right big toe. Boots are a myriad of types/ brands, lowa tibets, a solo fugitives, salomon quest 4d's. I'm just really unsure what could be causing this.

When you say "recently developing hot spots", it makes it sound as though these are boots that you have worn in the past and not experienced these issues. Is this the case? If not and these are all new boots, give us a quick rundown on what boots you have worn in the past, previous boot issues, and maybe a brief description of your foot type (high arches, narrow feet, flat footed hobbit feet, etc.).

Just based on your brief description of the issue, it sounds like perhaps your toes aren't fitting into the toebox really well, could the boots be 1/2 size small?

Last edited:
OP
P

Puma

FNG
Im thinking its the half size too small issue as well, tried on a friends half size bigger fugitives today and didn't develop anything. also after a closer look at both of my feet i noticed that a had a bit of callus build up on the exterior of my pinky toe.