Boot Resole?

bounds

WKR
Anyone had their boots resoled in the last couple years? I need to have the whole bottom end of mine replaced and just looking for first hand experience with specific resolers.

Right now my top choice is Dave Page in Seattle and also looking at Rocky Mountain Resole.

Anyone used these or have a better suggestion?

I don't have any experience resoling non-welt boots. I've used some local shoe repair places for my work boots. They can order anything vibram out of a catalog if you have the time to wait. I'm usually paying $40-$80 depending. I've been very happy with every resole and got as many as 3 soles put on same set of uppers.

MtnMuley

WKR
I have a pair of AKU boots that are rarely used that the whole sole on the heel has came loose. Basically brand new. I've yet to re-glue it, but need to soon.

Get a tube of shoe goo (comes clear and black). The repair will be permanent. Make sure you let it cure for a couple days before using the boots after the repair. Wear rubber gloves when applying, or have some acetone ready to clean it off your fingers. IT IS PERMANENT !!

OP
B

bounds

WKR
I've got the midsole coming off the leather, not just the outsole peeling off. I'm not going to try to fix that myself.

Another thumbs up for Dave Page. Just had a pair of lowas resoled there a couple months ago. Turned out awesome.