The Ultimate Mountain Hunting Boots?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_5730.jpg

Billy's review is live on the homepage. Crispi Guide GTX and Hunter GTX Review

Boreal

WKR
Love it! "The stitching was clean and the construction looked good and not over-engineered for ascetics like many of today’s trendy brands."

Ascetic, noun, a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self mortification for religious reasons.

Anybody ever read a better description of a mountain hunter?

Good write up and better pictures.

As an owner of Hanwag Trapper tops I found the mention of them interesting. I find the upper of mine a little softer than ideal but fine for the elk hunting I've used them for. I like a little more rigidity for help biting into side hills. How do the Crispis compare in that aspect?

The only crispis I've tried on were too wide and roomy for my feet, might have to try again.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Love it! "The stitching was clean and the construction looked good and not over-engineered for ascetics like many of today’s trendy brands."

Ascetic, noun, a person who dedicates his or her life to a pursuit of contemplative ideals and practices extreme self-denial or self mortification for religious reasons.

Hmmm, I missed that in the edit, I bet that was supposed to say "aesthetics". Good catch. We'll get that fixed.

OP
B

billy molls

Super Moderator
Ha! I did mean "aesthetic", but I think spellcheck gave me a new word that I will most certainly use in future writings to describe hunters!!!

OP
B

billy molls

Super Moderator
I know alot of guys like stiffer boots. I would say the Crispi Hunter/Guide are similar boots to the Hanwag Trapper Top, but the Crispi's are a little stiffer.

I once tried Koflach plastic boots. They were great on sidehills, but beat my feet to blistered pulps everywhere else. I typically walk alot of miles in creek beds/flats. For me the Hunter/Guide models were perfect for that and had just enough bite for sidehilling/up and down. Ultimately, I find they are well balanced for the ratio of flat vs. mountain hiking that do in Alaska...
Good write up and better pictures.

As an owner of Hanwag Trapper tops I found the mention of them interesting. I find the upper of mine a little softer than ideal but fine for the elk hunting I've used them for. I like a little more rigidity for help biting into side hills. How do the Crispis compare in that aspect?

The only crispis I've tried on were too wide and roomy for my feet, might have to try again.

Billy in your full review you said you takes two pairs to help with moisture problems. Do you just let them air dry for a day or do you have another way of drying them out?