KUIU scree gaiters. Worth getting? Need your opinion

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
My brother is looking to get some gaiters. I have the Yukons and I like them, but he's interested in the screes. Looking for input from those who have ran these. He has Sitka clothing but doesnt like the Sitka gaiters. We will be backpacking into high country in several states this year. So typical rocks, etc. Your thoughts, are these worth getting, do they slide down or move?

novcie870

WKR
I have some and absolutely love them. They stay in place for me and they breathe well. I also like the FL gaiters, but if I had to choose one, Id say the Kuiu.

They are great for their intended purpose which is keeping stuff out of your boots and keeping the bottoms of your pants from rubbing and I found they help keep your boots tied too. I have been using these or OR original flex Tex for 4-5 years and have no plans to change. They do not move at all once you put them on because they have silicone inside the top of them. If you want them to keep you dry the yukons are a better option. I always have these on unless it's really wet or deeper snow than my ankles. I also have the yukons which I would wear for the other situations. These are the best gaiter of this style In my opinion since OR changed the flex Tex.

My girlfriend and I both have the Yukons and Scree gaiters, and both are great for their intended purpose. So far, this summer, we've been wearing the Screes and loving them, but come this fall, we'll be back in the Yukons.