Superfeet Pain

Squirrels

WKR
So after reading so many great things about them I ordered some. I wore them for a month plus. I'm having pain in my heels now and wondering if the superfeet have caused it or it's just a coincidence. I bought the green ones. I'm going to stop wearing them for now to see if the pain goes away in a couple weeks. Thoughts, advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesP

WKR
They take some getting used to for sure but I have them in nearly every shoe I wear now. Do you think it may be from too much arch? Could try an lower arch option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I think a month is plenty of time to adjust. Maybe I need the blue ones.

JamesP

WKR
I have blue in my gym shoes that I jump around in a lot and orange in my hikers and every day shoes. I'd say I have an average arched foot. Definitely try a lower arch option. Once you find the right one you'll like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's hard to say. You might try different color versions or go to a shoe store that actually knows how to fit properly. I found the ski boot people are usually pretty good at this and also sell the inserts.

Do you have plantar fasciitis? If not and the pain is from the insoles, look ok at their hunt line and go somewhere that specializes in them. Not REi, go to a specialty run shop.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Do you have plantar fasciitis? If not and the pain is from the insoles, look ok at their hunt line and go somewhere that specializes in them. Not REi, go to a specialty run shop.

If I do it started since I began wearing the insoles and that's the only thing that has changed.

One thing I have found about insoles is that the size that is the same length as your foot is not necessarily the size that positions the arch in the optimum location.
If I buy a Superfeet insole (or most other insoles) that is the correct size for my foot, the arch tends to be too far back and I end up with pain in the rear of my foot. I have to buy a footbed that is too long, and trim it down. This positions the arch a bit forward, which is how my particular foot is shaped.
It's possible that you are encountering a similar situation. The footbed may have the arch support in the wrong spot, and your foot is suffering because of this.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
Update: after a couple weeks of not wearing the Superfeet Greens my heel pain is gone. Guess they had to much arch support for me. May give the blue or copper a try after hunting season but I'm gonna stick with stock stuff until then.