Crispi Lapponia

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
On Friday I got a pair of Lapponia's from Crispi U.S to test out. I'll put the details here.

112e08a52ce497eb5048b5d903ccf0ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Website says 1# and 1.2# per boot. They actually weigh in at 1.342#,per boot. Initial thoughts are that they are very light and pretty flexible.

8eea1f51a2a4e26359d7ff13bc9bb499.jpg

ssliger

WKR
I'm interested in these boots as well. Would like to know how well you can lock your heal down? Thanks

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 1

Right out of the box I strapped them on with a pair of smartwool liner socks. 52# in my Kifaru 3.5 mile hike with hills and stairs. Very comfortable. I did get a hot spot and small blister on the heel of my left foot.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 2

Same exact weight setup, and hike. I didn't tape the blister at all. By the time I was done, blister was about the width of a dime and the height of two. I'm not sure what is causing the issue. I will now Leuko tape it for a few hikes and still wear the boots in. Once the blister heels completely I'll lace a little differently and try again.

Positives are this boot is extremely light and comfy.

Daniel_M

WKR
Heel blisters come from heal lift. So try different lacing methods. Less tension on the forefoot, with a lace lock at the ankle transition.

Could even be a slight volume issue to address.

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. Got the blisters and the bruised forefoot healed up. I spent the week-end wearing these boots just for normal activity to see if the would "break in". So far no issues and I put a number of hours on them.

Unoboats

WKR
Owned them before too flexible, maybe good to have for a city boot, but will not prevent lateral movement in the boot. nice boots but not a backcountry boot. The Nevadas are a better choice if Crispi is your boot of choice.

westdraw

FNG
I know an older thready but was curious on any updates on these boots? I really can't take a stiff boot and really don't need one, tase may fit the bill.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
After the blister issue I let my feet heal completely. I then started working back with them. They now are my go to boots every day. I've put hundreds of show hours on them this year and wear them every day to work. Once those initial hot spots broke in they have been amazing. They are extremely light and very supple. I'll get some pics posted up this week-end.

Old Bear

FNG
Crispi Laponia vs Crispi Summitt

Hello Les,
Thank you for the report on the Lapponia's. Do you have any experience with the Crispi Summit's ?
I'm looking for a boot that is light, (allowing me to be nimble) has lateral support, but some flexibility in the foot with good ground grip. I have Kenetrek MT Extremes and like them but they don't always fit the situation I may be hunting in.
I wondered if the Summits would provide me with what I'm looking for, Any suggestions?

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello Les,
Thank you for the report on the Lapponia's. Do you have any experience with the Crispi Summit's ?
I'm looking for a boot that is light, (allowing me to be nimble) has lateral support, but some flexibility in the foot with good ground grip. I have Kenetrek MT Extremes and like them but they don't always fit the situation I may be hunting in.
I wondered if the Summits would provide me with what I'm looking for, Any suggestions?

Hey Old Bear. I personally don't have any experience with the Summit's. I have some friends who wear them and really like them. If memory serves Gritty Bowmen wears them and had pretty high reviews of them. Everyone has a different definition of light, but these boots weigh in at about 1.5#'s each. I don't think that's bad for an 8" mountain boot of the caliber that Crispi makes. I don't think you would be disappointed with them. I've been really happy with my pairs to this point.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
145e0cb3bf07749790f3dcb6dd1401f4.jpg

This was taken 2 weeks ago, during our 18" snowstorm. Headed to to a little turkey scouting. Ridiculous. Since Friday here we have amassed another 20", some places 25". Absolutely crazy for mid April.

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overall summary to wrap this up after using the boot for a number of months. First inclination I wasn't super thrilled about the boot. I got hotspots and blisters on the first use. Which, for Crispi, was unusual for me. After allowing the feet to heal I started up with them again. Just those initial two uses seemed to be enough break in. I used them on pack hikes, the stair master (with weighted pack), daily work, hunting, and I've put hundreds of show hours on them. Right now for daily use they are my go to boot. They are light, and comfy. For my personal type of hunting situations I would use the Wyoming, its a little stiffer, and more rugged. If I were early season antelope or mule deer hunting I would absolutely use them. I just like a little more support when I'm doing "elk type hunting". I will continue to use them turkey hunting as soon as our winter starts to fade away and we lose some of this snow.

Pro's - lightweight, quiet, comfortable, durable, and fast.
Con's - lightweight, not a ton of support.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veron16