Crispi Nevada non-insulated boots

Haven't been able to find any thoughts on the non-insulated Nevada boots. I was going to go with the Wyoming's but then noticed they now make the Nevada's in the non-insulated version. I'd be using these for early archery season in middle Idaho. What would the 100 dollar increase in price add to the nevadas? I see that they are all leather so perhaps better waterproofing?

Thanks

Lheise88

FNG
I have them. They are nice in the heat. Haven't wore them yet in the cooler temps at all. I probably have about 75 miles in them. The insoles from the factory are terrible. Almost like paper. Only thing that was disappointing was buying a expensive boot and having to buy insoles right away. As far as the waterproofing goes I've never had a problem quickly crossing water up to 4 inches deep or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marktole

WKR
I've got a pair of the non-insulated Nevadas and have gotten them broke in very nicely. I added different insoles as well to mine, makes a world of difference. The waterproofing in them is great, I've walked through streams with gators on and through typical summer mountain rain storms and always stayed dry.

I think that between the Wyoming and the Nevada, it's pretty much the same boot. If you look at the specs on them they're the same height, weight, and share almost the exact same features Crispi has. I'd say the Nevada is more expensive because it's full leather vs synthetic. That being said, after having some time in the full leather boot, I think my foot would be cooler in the synthetic boot.

OP
C
Thanks. Do the synthetics you think offer similar waterproofing or no where near like leather? Again much appreciated.

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have the insulated Nevadas and they are hands down the best boots I've ever owned. I can't imagine the non-insulated version being any different.

marktole

WKR
I know two guys who have the Idaho (taller version of the Wyoming) and have never had trouble with the synthetic material leaking or not being waterproof.

Jardo

WKR
I have the non insulated nevadas. Bought them in June from Black Ovis. They have been on a dozen hikes or so and took them hunting last Saturday. In hot weather they are warm and don't breathe. Definitely wear lightweight wool socks. I also have some serious foot pain on the ball of my feet. I'm going to try a new insole but if that doesn't work I'm calling Black Ovis to see if they will take them back.

I really want to love these boots but so far am fairly disappointed in them. Hope the new insoles help.

I have the non insulated nevadas. Bought them in June from Black Ovis. They have been on a dozen hikes or so and took them hunting last Saturday. In hot weather they are warm and don't breathe. Definitely wear lightweight wool socks. I also have some serious foot pain on the ball of my feet. I'm going to try a new insole but if that doesn't work I'm calling Black Ovis to see if they will take them back.

I really want to love these boots but so far am fairly disappointed in them. Hope the new insoles help.

Try the GO premium super feet. Helped mine. But the insole does have a lot of volume