Sizing help on Zamberlan vs Scarpa

nrh6.7

WKR
Haven't posted in a while, but need some help. I'm a Zamberlan fanboy and LOVE the way they fit my feet, but I also like Scarpa and own the Tech Ascents. All of my Zamberlans are 45's and my one pair of Scarpa's are 44.5. Trying to figure out all of the lasts that Scarpa has gave me a headache and I was hoping someone that owns both could say if this is normal or not.

Looking at buying the Grand Dru and am unsure if I should size up or be okay staying at a 44.5.

Thank you!

AlaskaEd

WKR
No help on the Scarpas, but I love my Zamberlans as well. I have been using the Baltoro 1000s for a few months and love them. I have relegated my guides to casual use lol. They are a more modern style hiking boot and are lighter weight, stiffer soled, and more supportive than my guides. The one boy downside is they can be hard to find because they're a relatively new model. They fit exactly the same size wise as my guides.

Just another option to the Scarpa Grand Drus.

Zamberlan Men's 1000 Baltoro GTX RR Boot - at Moosejaw.com

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Ed, thanks for the feedback. I hadn't looked at the Baltoro, but did consider the Outfitter and the 2090 Mountain Pro. However, I was hoping to take advantage of the pricing on the Scarpa's if they would work for me. I do like a stiffer boot and the Grand Dru looks to have a 3/4 shank and should excel under a load. I think I'd go with the 980 Outfitter if I stayed with Zamberlans.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Broke down and picked up a pair of the Grand Dru boots. Looking forward to giving them a try.