Boot recommendations for a flatlander with big feet.

TFP

FNG
I don't have much experience with boots, and I'm hoping the brain trust here can help me save a few steps.

I generally wear Merrell Moabs, but I need to get a new pair and I want a little bit more support and hopefully a boot that lasts more than 6 months. The Moabs fit great, are as comfortable as anything I've ever laced up but they absolutely fall apart in the 6-9 month range consistently. Been wearing them for near a decade, and I'm just tired of it.

I'm a big dude, size 14-15 with mild over-pronation. I'm in Texas and spend a lot of hours in the boots, so a breathable boot is a must. I also don't care at all about waterproofing or insulation. Any pointers that you guys can give me would be great.

Budget is sub $300.

Thanks Roksliders!

Last edited:
Take a peek at our Kenetrek Safari boots - they go up to size 14, and are great for warm weather. No waterproof membrane or insulation and built with the Texas heat in mind. They're a full leather boot with very minimal stitching, so they will be significantly more durable than others you will find in the category. They have a mildly stiff 3.5mm nylon midsole, which will help keep your ankle stable with your over-pronation. They can also be rebuilt with new soles if/when you wear them out.

You can find them here.

Hopefully this points you in the right direction. Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Wyatt @ Kenetrek

Last edited: