Salomon warranty??

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Has anyone ever used the Salomon warranty for boots? I'm going to grab a set and I have a VERY hard time believing I'll get 2 full seasons out of them and the warranty says 2 years of use. The main complaint I read is they don't stay waterproof and if you read through there warranty it says it's covered. I'm a solid leather boot guy but really want a lightweight pair so I'm going for it. Just wanting some first hand experience with boots that have been USED and still warrantied

wapitibob

WKR
I buy or order my boots at rei, warranty isn't a problem. My quests didn't get to 50 miles before they leaked and went back. I don't believe a flexible hiker and goretex play well together.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Funny you asked! A guy I work with has had his Salomon Quests for less than a year. The soles are coming apart a little bit and he said they are no longer waterproof. He pretty much said the same thing as you did. He emailed them about it and they immediately got his info and gave him a credit for their website. He said it was a little weird that they almost knew the problems existed and have a system in place to take care of it. Sucks for him though cause they don't have a single boot his size available!

mmw194287

WKR
The toe on my boot started coming apart on the first long backpacking trip with them, roughly a month or two after purchase. I emailed Salomon and received a credit for a new pair after sending them a photo. Wore the original pair for another year-and-a-half (regularly applying Shoe-Goo around the toe) and just pulled the fresh pair out of my closet this spring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Awesome guys, thanks for the feedback! I'm well aware of the life of these boots and I plan on having them ready for exchange at the end of the season and as long as they stand behind them like they clearly do I'll be happy! Salomon is very pro LE and military and gives a great discount so I'm sold. My kenetrek's and asolo's are great and last years but I have a need for a quite, lightweight Hiker and this fits the bill.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
Salomon X-Ultra's here... Definitely one of my most comfortable boots, however 4 months in no longer waterproof, one year in I have toes blown out and soles ripping off laces torn. Once these boots decided they had a good life they gave it all up. I didn't expect them to last long because they are a light hiker, however one season is sub par in my books. May have to try writing the company since it sounds like some of you are having luck with the warranty.