Socks for sep elk

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
Who's wearing what for early season socks?? Seems like certain socks make my toes tingle ??

CaseyU

WKR
Who's wearing what for early season socks?? Seems like certain socks make my toes tingle ??
I can't tell you which socks but I could tell you I would highly recommend merino wool socks of some brand. Me and all my fellow firefighters where mountaineer style boots every day all summer and it's the only way to go. I don't want to tell you what brand because feet are picky. Some guys like wearing a synthetic liner under merino some like lightweight. Others like heavy weight with a ton of cushion. There are so.many good brands out there now day it's almost hard to go wrong. Best of luck to you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
Anything less than cold snowing late season hunts I use the Darn Tough Coolmax micro crew. Great socks in my opinion with a life time guarantee.

Trial153

WKR
farm to feet makes some of nicest socks I used. my sock bin has darn tough, Filson, smart wool, as well as some store brands.
farm to feet have been the best i have used. For elk season I would pack two pairs of mid weights and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I have been liking my Kuiu merino wool socks.

They are spendy, but I'm liking mine too. Having great socks makes breaking in new boots a breeze. I've been wearing the same pair on each hike/ walk without washing. So far so good. They dry out really fast. Even when I'm completely soaked in sweat (hiking in CA summer heat), my feet don't feel wet. Not much smell. The design does help with hot spots in new boots. I've not needed a liner sock in these. They are keeping the shape well and are not stretching out much. Even with hiking a bunch of miles in them. They still fit well when I put them back on.

I'm a really big fan of nice socks. I'll never wear crappy socks again.