Boot lacing help

sveltri

WKR
Background: I bought some Crispi Wyoming's last winter, wore them snowshoeing and turkey hunting this spring, virtually no issues one tiny hot spot in the spring while turkey hunting. Decide I love the boots and want to prolong their hunting life so I put them in the closet and wait for archery elk. In the meantime I got some 4d GTX for everyday and backpacking to high lakes. I also picked up some green super feet, first couple days between the Solomon's and the sf I wanted to cry, then things settled in and I fall in love with another pair of boots.

Current: Night before the season opens I pull the sf and put them in the crispis, little different fit and feel but still feel great. By noon on opening morning I have blisters on both heels. Next day switch back to the solomans, cover 9 miles, and can't even feel the blisters. I know logic leads me to the solomans, but am wondering if there is a way to lace the crispis to provide the same kind of heel lock the solomans provide. I hate to lose my ass on the crispis and try to sell them, any help is greatly appreciated.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
For me, my feet can not do the super feet. I run Asolo's with stock felt footbed and have never had a hotspot. Try them with out the SF.

Akicita

WKR
Wondering if there is a way to lace the crispis to provide the same kind of heel lock the solomans provide. I hate to lose my ass on the crispis and try to sell them, any help is greatly appreciated.

Just made a short video for you. You may need to turn on the closed captioning to see the instructions I listed. Hope this helps:

[video=youtube;vip5wX1lt1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vip5wX1lt1k[/video]

OP
S

sveltri

WKR
Wow, thanks Akicita, that helps a ton I'll try it this afternoon! Thank you very much for taking the time to record the video.

bcopley1116

Lil-Rokslider
I have crispi nevadas and I could not use the superfeet green insoles. I had too much heel slippage with them so I swapped them out for superfeet orange and they feel great. Not sure what the difference was. I also used the cheaper superfeet trail insoles and loved them, they just wore out so I replaced them with the orange.