Inserts that take up some extra space inside the boot?

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
I think I bought my boots a tad too big. They seem fine until I spend a good amount of time side-hilling or going down steep areas, then I start getting hot spots. Is there an insert that would make my foot more snug? I tried my other boots that fit tighter last weekend and I didn't get the same issue.

Akicita

WKR
Where are the hot spots? You may be able to change this with lacing techniques as long as your foot is not swimming in the boots you are having the issues with. Sometimes I will cut out cork shims or under soles and put it under my support sole to take up a little room. I buy it in rolls and build up layers as needed or where needed.

OP
A

Augustus46

Lil-Rokslider
Where are the hot spots? You may be able to change this with lacing techniques as long as your foot is not swimming in the boots you are having the issues with. Sometimes I will cut out cork shims or under soles and put it under my support sole to take up a little room. I buy it in rolls and build up layers as needed or where needed.

I get a hot spot on the ball of my foot towards the big toe and on the bottom of my heel. I'm not swimming in the boots, I really only notice when I go some distance in steeper country. I'll have to look up some lacing techniques, would be great if that is the solution.

Daniel_M

WKR
Solé Performance - Thick, premium socks and Leukotape, if needed.

30+ miles and 10 days. Tootsies stayed in the game though they were sore.

f5eca766a2e4407c007bc57cc5d917b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akicita

WKR
I get a hot spot on the ball of my foot towards the big toe and on the bottom of my heel. I'm not swimming in the boots, I really only notice when I go some distance in steeper country. I'll have to look up some lacing techniques, would be great if that is the solution.

Hot spot or pressure on the ball by the big toe and heel may mean you need a higher arch support. Also try this lace technique to help get a better heel set:

Note: Turn on CC for instructions
[video=youtube;vip5wX1lt1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vip5wX1lt1k&t=7s[/video]

Trial153

WKR
Take a pair of flat woolpower inserts and then place the originals over them