Schnees Beartooth 2

Oltallboy

FNG
Hey guys!
I just received the new Beartooths a couple weeks ago. They fit great, but I noticed the top toe portion would bubble up when laced and pinch down on either side of my toes. I emailed them and sent them back and received a new pair today. Trying them on, the fit is good and the bubble issue doesn't seem to be present, but crouching, the bottom eyelets still dig in.

Has anyone experienced this with other boots before? Is this just a behavior of new, stiff boots that will otherwise go away after they are broken in?
Thanks for any help!

Wapiti406

WKR
I’ve had my Beartooths for three years and absolutely love them. When I first purchased I also thought they really pinched on those two outside eyelets. When you lace up try pointing your toes up toward your shin. You end up lacing just a hair looser, but it gives mine just enough wiggle room to remain stable and not pinch my feet.

Owenst7

WKR
I got a pair of the Beartooth mids this past spring. I noticed two things that caused this with mine.

1. The lower laces don't necessarily loosen up with the rest of the boot, and those lower eyelets do a lot more to change the volume of the front of the boot than I thought. I started making sure that there's just a bit of slack in the first two or three crossovers with the laces and that helped a whole bunch. It also made my pinky toes a lot more comfortable. I don't have very wide feet, but I'm used to shoes that are very wide in the toes for breathability.

2. I tried running a thicker insert to provide more padding (the Schnee's insert was allowing my feet to get beat up under my heel and the ball). These boots don't have a lot of volume, especially in the forefoot, and that was pushing my foot up against the bottom of the eyelets and just crowding my foot in general. I actually managed to stop in to the Schnee's store to talk to them about it, and they switched me to a Superfeet Carbon which eliminated the problem all together. The Carbon is actually even thinner than the Schnee's insert, but it's formed very well to the bottom of my foot and very rigid. It has little to no padding, but supports my weight across the entire bottom of my foot. It made the boots a lot roomier, and it solved the lack of padding issue I was having.