Lowa Tibet GTX

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
Had em for about a month now, but have only got out twice with them.. First time wasnt very long so couldnt judge them...

Sunday I went out bowhunting solo... Put 15.3K on them and Im very pleased..
Comfy and lots of grip... Kept my feet nice in dry in the wet bush..

I have 3 pair and love em.
First pair I have worn just about everyday working and hunting. Refuse to die....lol
3 years and counting on one pair of boots.

GKPrice

Banned
LOWA "everything" for me .... Tibets, Renegades, Sheep Hunters and I'm of late wearing some low cut summer trail hikers that I really like

Yep, I have Tibets and Renegades and love both of them. Lowa just fits me way better than the Kennetreks that I use to wear.

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
Mine started leaking after 18 months. Not impressed for a $400 pair of boots. Went with Meindl Western Guide boots and the lifetime warranty.

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
Ok but is that the boots fault or your fault for not taking care of them...

I would assume the boot, since they are in great condition.. Considering I have bought Meindl's twice and wore the shit out of them with never a problem.. Also a one year warranty on a $400 pair of boots is not ideal. I also bird hunt 100+ days a year in addition to elk and deer hunting and was impressed with how well they hold up, but they are not water proof worth a crap. I also sent them to Lowa and they told me to pound sand. When a boot stops working when it still has obvious life left in it, and the company wont stand behind it I move on.

Last edited:
OP
BCBowtech

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
So once again.. did you do anything to them.. As they dont stay waterproof forever on their own.. You need to take care of all leather boots, clean them... treat them with waterproofer etc.. So once again. sounds more like your fault and not the boots... Bet your Meindls will leak soon too!

h20fowler

Lil-Rokslider
Put 30 miles on my Tibet GTX's in the last week. Couldn't be happier. That said, my buddy's same pair started leaking this week. Both are about 1.5 years old.

Mmcan

WKR
Tall Tibets all the way. Keep the leather clean and conditioned, waterproofed as directed, not even a hot spot after miles and miles of wear and tear. One thing I do w all my boots is that I take out the factory insole and add New Balance support insoles. Great arch and footbed, great cushioning. Feels amazing even at the end of the day. And the ankle support is phenomenal. I won't wear anything else hunting in the mountains.

For around town and light hiking trips, my Camino's are awesome. Too bad they don't come in a tall version.

I've found Tibets online for as low as $240. Amazon had them and also ShoeBuy. Great price for great boots.

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
So once again.. did you do anything to them.. As they dont stay waterproof forever on their own.. You need to take care of all leather boots, clean them... treat them with waterproofer etc.. So once again. sounds more like your fault and not the boots... Bet your Meindls will leak soon too!

I will type slower so you can understand... I have had two sets of Meindl's that I have treated the same as my Lowa's with ZERO problems and literally wore a HOLE in the sole before they leaked. Also GORE-TEX says to never treat their product with any sort of waterproofer..

How to Clean Hiking Boots

Either way, I still have them as early season boots but dont wear them when its gonna be wet. Meindls are by far a better product IMO. Plus if they do leak at any given time I just go swap them for new ones. Nothing beats that!

chukar_chaser

Lil-Rokslider
Put 30 miles on my Tibet GTX's in the last week. Couldn't be happier. That said, my buddy's same pair started leaking this week. Both are about 1.5 years old.

And they probably have TONS of life left! Send them to Lowa and they will tell you to pound sand.

bmart2622

WKR
Doesn't the GTX stand for Goretex? As in a Goretex liner that is responsible for making the boot waterproof? I treat all my boots with a leather tretment several times a year but that doesn't do anything for the Goretex liner.

blkqi

WKR
My Tibet's are on their fourth season this year and they feel just right. Put about 50 miles on them last week on a muzzy hunt. I do not take care of them to the degree some other posters have suggested either (they still have last weeks gumbo on them), not that I wouldn't recommend it.

I also wear Renegade GTX's as my daily drivers. My first pair lasted 2 years with zero maintenance, which is a lot more than I can say for any other shoe.

How do you all get your rands to stay glued? I have had two straight pair have the rand peel almost 360. Both pair made it about 150 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkqi

WKR
How do you all get your rands to stay glued? I have had two straight pair have the rand peel almost 360. Both pair made it about 150 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use any kind of leather treatment on the boots?