Crispi Idaho coming apart?

Jd259

WKR
I bought a set of Idaho's about two months ago and have been hiking in them trying to get them broke in in time for my trip to Colorado and today I noticed that the webbing is coming apart from the fabric of the boot anyone else have this goin on with their idahos? They haven't started leaking yet but I don't want them to start when I get to Colorado.
90c91fdc753e59b8c6ecc600edfc7214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Both of the boots are starting to do it in the same place... if I kneel down and kind of stand on my toes the part where there coming apart opens up wider just wondering if this is common or maybe I got a bad batch should I try to return them and get a new pair? How's crispis warranty department??
Thanks

Kotaman

WKR
That looks like it is going to be a problem spot with that boot design. If you like the boot, fill it with shoe goo and go. If not, try to return them, sell them and move on to something different.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
Yeah I really like the boots there super comfortable but that area does look like it's going to be a problem just trying to see if other guys are experiencing the same thing.

OP
Jd259

Jd259

WKR
You would think for the money you spend on them they'd atleast make it through the first huntin trip... probably talk to black Ovis this week and see what they say I know several guys there run them...

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just give Crispi a call or email with pictures. They will get you taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes! I had a pair of Wyoming's and they did the same thing. Also, the black rubber 'wrap' portion cracked completely through within 25 miles of use. I think it's a design issue so I sent them back... I know others love them and likely havent had any problems, but for that price I expect better. One thing about Crispi US (and Black Ovis) is they are fantastic to deal with and will do whatever it takes to make it right. No issues with the customer service at all. Hopefully the folks in Italy can take a look at improving these as I think they could really be an awesome boot.

3dxdjg

FNG
Same area coming apart on mine after 2 weeks in mountains. Got refunded. Will purchase Crispi again before next years hunt, only in full leather. Just wish they made a uninsulated 10'' high boot in leather.