Favorite Lowa Boots? Need Input

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are going to be carrying Lowa boots in the near future and I'm curious what models people are using/liking/not liking and why. Lowa makes a lot of boots, some of which we know work well, but hearing what people are using, what type of use/hunting, and why you like them (or not) would be helpful.

As an incentive for those that chime in, PM me and I'll get you one-time discount code to use through the end of the year (once we launch the line in October on our site).

Much appreciated,
Brad

I have been running the Lowa Rangers for the past 4 seasons. I use them for everything from Hunting Big game to Chucker. They have held up very well over he years and I like the height and flexibility of them. I like that they are offered in a "Wide and have stayed Water proof over the years. They are not insulated and at 8" I would not consider them a "Winter" boot in the snow. They work for 90% of my needs, I will be in the market for a new boot soon and am considering stepping up to the Tibet for my next purchase.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have been running the Lowa Rangers for the past 4 seasons. I use them for everything from Hunting Big game to Chucker. They have held up very well over he years and I like the height and flexibility of them. I like that they are offered in a "Wide and have stayed Water proof over the years. They are not insulated and at 8" I would not consider them a "Winter" boot in the snow. They work for 90% of my needs, I will be in the market for a new boot soon and am considering stepping up to the Tibet for my next purchase.

Appreciate the comment. I like the Ranger as well as a lighter boot option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ester

WKR
Brad,

We have been using the Lowa Tibet GTX over the past few seasons. Very stiff boot, bites well on the steep side hills. Although my feet get cold when Glassing for long periods, but I haven't found any that keep them warm.

Redside

Lil-Rokslider
Following, I'm in the market for a new boot and am looking at the Lowa Tibets. Will be interested to hear others comments.

Kotaman

WKR
My favorite Lowa Mountain Boot is the BIGHORN GTX. I wear Rangers everyday to work in the winter. Wear the Hunter Extremes for Winter hunts. Early season I wear my Caminos or Cevedales. The Tibet fits a little different from the rest of their boots IMO. They run a hair smaller and more narrow. I'm a size 12 and can't get the Tibets to fit, but all other models fit like they were made for me. I like the Tibets, unfortunately I need them in a size they don't make. (12.5) Can't beat the Bighorns for a serious mountain boot.

daddie63

WKR
I love my Rangers but would like to try the Tibet's or Big horns as well. Thank you Brad

Graves14

WKR
I love my Lowa Camino GTX, lighter than the Tibet, but still stiff soled enough to pack loads out.

Exactly why I run this boot. All the quality components of a Tibet, almost as stiff but MUCH lighter. Going on 2 years in mine hiking every day. I'm in the east so now "mountains" per se but they've been great for me.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Exactly why I run this boot. All the quality components of a Tibet, almost as stiff but MUCH lighter. Going on 2 years in mine hiking every day. I'm in the east so now "mountains" per se but they've been great for me.

Great feedback. Assume the full rubber rand isn't something you care about in a boot?

I walked through a pair of lowa renegades in fairly short order. I found the sole to be too soft for my uses. They were too soft for brush, rock, and heavy loads. Further research showed lowa recommends them for on-trail use. They probably would be great for that.

jtw

WKR
I use tibets in mid to late season. I also snowshoe in them. I had a pair of renegades and returned them. Way too light duty and the quality was not great.