Schnees granite or beartooth

Both of these come in my size which is 14 wide and I would be going after the insulated versions for later season use, which for me is elk hunting or late season archery, with some backpacking but mostly chukar hunting grinding my feet up side hilling all day.

I recently got my first pair of "stiffer" boots in the meindl denalis and really like that aspect for climbing hills - its been danner for me in the past. Is it possible to go too stiff making a boot impractical for anything besides really rugged activities?

Size wise how do these two compare to the meindle denalis? Which I feel are a little more generous in the toe box, which i need for my wide feet.

How do these compare to the meindles in stiffness?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own the Beartooths and will be selling them soon. I chose them over the Granites because I don't like that stiff of a boot. Even the Beartooths are too stiff for me. Size wise I'd say they are a tad smaller than the Meindle's.

If your sheep or goat hunting then get the Granites. If not get the Beartooths. They're still plenty stiff and supportive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VernAK

WKR
I ordered a pair of Beartooths in Wide even though I can usually wear a medium width as I wanted a bit more sock room. These boots are way narrow in the forefoot even with the thinner socks. I'm sending back. $50 for shipping both ways but they are not going to work for me. WTH?

Jon Boy

WKR
Ive had the absorkas and granite. They are far from what I consider a stiff boot. Not sure why theyre marketed as such. I think scarpas and la sportivias are stiff and neither of the schnees are close to that. More like a lowa I'd say. As far as size, they seem to fit a touch small.

Ive had the absorkas and granite. They are far from what I consider a stiff boot. Not sure why theyre marketed as such. I think scarpas and la sportivias are stiff and neither of the schnees are close to that. More like a lowa I'd say. As far as size, they seem to fit a touch small.

Are you happy with the Schnee's? I've been looking hard at the Beartooth as a replacement for my Lowa Rangers.

Jon Boy

WKR
I have picky feet. The schnees fit me like a glove. Never needed to break them in. On my second pair. They're a well made boot.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

daddie63

WKR
I'm curious if the Beartooths would be a good replacement for Rangers as well. Nothing wrong with my Rangers just looking to try something different.

I've got a few days in the insulated Beartooths right now with more to come very soon. My thoughts so far are they are very light for a boot like this, great ankle support, and the outsoles seems to stick well so far.
It's kind of early to say too much but so far I'm liking them.
I do wish they had a slightly stiffer midsole and slightly thicker leather.
And so far I really hate the new locking lace system.
Should get some mountain miles on then this weekend with a small pack and climber on my back and have a better opinion.

I bought the Beartooth in the spring and they have been the best hunting boot I have owned. Did take a little break in for me over the summer, but now that it is hunting season they are working perfectly. Could not have asked for a better product. I went with the uninsulated, but my feet generally run pretty warm.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I ordered a pair of Beartooths in Wide even though I can usually wear a medium width as I wanted a bit more sock room. These boots are way narrow in the forefoot even with the thinner socks. I'm sending back. $50 for shipping both ways but they are not going to work for me. WTH?

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Always like hearing how people are liking our boots. As for the shipping chargesVernAk, I apologize for that. If you could PM me for details, I would like to look into it and help you out if possible.

thanks

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Running the new Granite VI's and they get a thumbs up. Yes the soles are stiff but your feet will thank you after being in steep country. The granites are a great choice for late season tough country hunts👍

Attachments

• P1012560-001.jpg
    P1012560-001.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 62
  • P1012549.jpg
    P1012549.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 62
  • P1012550.jpg
    P1012550.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 54
I put a bunch more miles (and a few heavy load miles) on my new Beartooths and my opinion stays the same. I still wish they were a tad stiffer and the leather was a bit thicker and stiffer.
I really like them but I still hate the lace locks.