Crispi west river gtx

Teaman1

WKR
I've been looking at crispi boots for late season elk. I was wanting the wild rock gtx but living in NE South Dakota, there are no dealers. Scheels carries the west river gtx. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them? I'm. Curious on durability and waterproofness. If these are good boots, could save me about $150 :)

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Bringing this guy back from the dead as I’m now looking at grabbing this boot to try out as my Mountain extremes are leaking good. Any first hand with these?

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at crispi boots for late season elk. I was wanting the wild rock gtx but living in NE South Dakota, there are no dealers. Scheels carries the west river gtx. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them? I'm. Curious on durability and waterproofness. If these are good boots, could save me about $150 :)
As an FYI, I purchased my wild rocks at a Scheels in Johnstown, Co.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a pair yesterday. They only come in 400g insulation but they are a very nice boot and seem to breathe exceptionally well just wearing them around the house. Great deal for the price! Nice and light, they almost feel like a walking shoe but you can tell they’d take a beating without skipping a beat. I tried on these and the Idaho’s. I felt like the west river was much more pliable and comfortable. The Idaho’s were a little too rugged and stiff for what I was looking for.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought these, very comfortable. They are great for the price! The heel area is a little more roomy than I remember other Crispi’s, but I haven’t experienced heel slip yet. Laces they come with suck. They are 82” long and almost too short to tie. I replaced with 90” laces before even leaving the house.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isu22andy

WKR
I bought these, very comfortable. They are great for the price! The heel area is a little more roomy than I remember other Crispi’s, but I haven’t experienced heel slip yet. Laces they come with suck. They are 82” long and almost too short to tie. I replaced with 90” laces before even leaving the house.

Ron

Ill agree on the laces and the heel. Little worried about heel slip. Also either the toe box felt cramped to me or the sizing is a little smaller than my nikes. I went a whole size bigger because my toes felt so cramped. Not a wide foot either.

Anyone have any experience what temp range these work with ? Worried about my feet getting too warm.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I have only worn them when real cold. Like mid 20’s and below. I wouldn’t wear them above 40.

Toe box was good for me, but I always buy a half size larger because of toes bottoming out on down hills with a pack.

Ron

Anyone have any experience what temp range these work with ? Worried about my feet getting too warm.

Been looking at getting a pair of crispis and this is what I've been struggling with as well. Been wearing nothing but 800 gram boots since middle school (rockys, danners, cabelas), but worry the 400g crispis will be too warm when moving, and worried they won't keep me real warm when I stop..

As of right now, I'm leaning toward the insulated guide gtx (200g) and hoping that they are warm enough..

Curious if anyone has an update on these boots after getting some miles in. Looking at getting an insulated boot after freezing my ass off with non-insulated boots backpacking in Idaho this year.

Jimss

WKR
I wear uninsulated boots all winter here in Colo while being fairly active working and hunting. Never a problem with cold feet. I hardly ever sit for hours and hours...and if I did I'd likely get an insulated pair specifically for that use. It's always good to have several pairs of boots to choose from. If it's super cold and I'm sitting I put on an insulated pair of socks. I buy my boots around 1 size large so I can add different padding insoles and have more volume for thicker socks. When It's warm out I'll cinch them down tight.

Yeah I’ve got one pair of Salewa’s and two pairs of Zamb’s, all uninsulated. Was looking at these specific boots with the 400 grams of insulation for glassing in sub zero temps, whitetail hunting in panhandle, or snow shoe hikes for predators in Jan.

Was hoping to hear whether anyone can say more about the Crispi model in subject line.

isu22andy

WKR
I just wore mine in Montana in the snow for a week, dry and comfy , was 0 degrees and feet felt warm , warm enough to sweat then they get a bit chilly while sitting extended time but other than that boot was awesome .

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Mine have a good 90 or so miles in them now. They've been awesome. The more I wear them the better I like them. The only change I've made was to get a better insole and modify it a bit to keep it from slipping. They also don't work the greatest for tree stand sits in -1 (obviously). Tried to tough it out with toe warmers and double layers of wool socks but it was rough. They don't have a very big toe box so it's hard to cram toe warmers in there. That's definitely not what they were made for though. Overall I've never had a better hiking boot.