Scarpa R-Evolution Plus GTX - Any experience?

HeadnWest

WKR
These look like a great boot, but I am not seeing a ton of reviews on them. A little on the lighter side, looks to be waterproof and good ankle support. Anybody else want to look over these for me and tell me what you think, from your computer screen that is. Unless you are one of the few that has experience with them. Thanks.

: SCARPA North America

I just got the non leather version of these last week.

: SCARPA North America

Previously had a pair of the Kailash in WIDE when they used to offer them.

The regular Kailash is too narrow and Scarpa recommended these as a replacement since the boot last is a *little* wider.

I did go a 1/2 size up from the Kailash to get a good fit and they are slightly wider but not by much...
So far, I like them...relatively light and good ankle support. I imagine the leather version you are looking at would be a bit stiffer and offer more if thats what you need. I'm going scouting this weekend and should get some field use, so far its just daily use around town. In that regard, they are comfortable and haven't gotten any hot spots or discomfort after wearing them all day.

What I like about them is the metal hooks that really let you lock your heel down. I got them for earlier hunting when I don't need heavy leather insulated boots.

Top147

Lil-Rokslider
Bump, looking at these for my female companion. Anyone else?

I have the non plus versions and I really love them but they are just way too narrow for my feet.
Other than the whith I think they're a great choice.

carter33

WKR
Based on the looks of the tongue it is a neoprene like material, similar to that found on the kuiu/scarpa rebel k gtx that I have a pair of. They are awesome, fit my feet better than any other pair of boots I have owned and I have never gotten a blister. I also love the stiffness. Just one major flaw, the aforementioned neoprene like tongue. In heavy rain, walking through puddles/steams or wet brush this becomes saturated and transfers moisture into the boot. I have tried a few waterproof sprays on them with no success. Depending on the situation your feet can get thoroughly soaked from this.

I still wear the boot on occasion but would not do so in extremely wet environments on extended hunts.