Wool socks

Mossy

WKR
What's your sock of choice? Looking to go wool year round; work,hiking/hunting,running and snow. I've found that wigwam and Costco brands great torn up pretty quickly.

pwsINC

WKR
Darn tough have lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Roy68

WKR
Darn tough 1403 (?) for several years now. They are medium weight with cushion in the heel and toe only. I wear them 7 days a week. I’m on my feet all day in boots. I’ve had one pair replaced on warranty. I was honest and told them I snagged them on a piece of iron in my garage. I paid the shipping and Darn Tough replaced them for free.

oenanthe

WKR
I've used Bridgedale, Darn Tough, Smartwool, Fox River, Wigwam, and others. My favorites are the Bridgedale Trekkers; nary a blister with these, and I've got two pair that are over ten years old and just refuse to wear out.

Costco packs. I wash them in hot water and dry them hot from the start. They keep their shape that way. I wear two pair in my Meindl boots as well as my Muck Boots. My experience with them over about 6 years is excellent, as is the price......$16 for 4 pair in BC.

Owenst7

WKR
I've never had a blister while wearing the Costco socks. I've tried some other high end socks, only to get blisters.

At ~$2/pair on sale, ~$4/pair full price, I wear them 365 days a year and just throw them out when they get a hole. I look for dark spots under my the big toe when I'm packing gear for a backpacking trip, and just bring the ones in best condition. I buy a year's worth (2-4 packs) every season when they come out, and only open them when I run out. That way I always have some brand new ones to take on trips.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many good options to choose from I run a few new Smart wool socks at the start of the season and give the old compressed ones to the wife :)

gelton

WKR
Darn Tough. Farm to feet a distant second only because their lightweight version is a little heavy on the spandex which causes my feet to sweat more than in the darn tough lightweight version. Make the investment - haven't seen any wear on mine and I have like 12-15 pairs if not more. And if I did there is a lifetime warranty.

Trial153

WKR
farm to feet are my go to socks, I like them best of all the brands I own. no issue with smart wool also. Have a few pairs of darn tough and they work well in the lighter versions. The heavier pairs seemed get compressed on me, but nothing that would make me not use them.