Crispi guide gtx

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with the crispi guide gtx? Looks like a lot of people like the crispi Nevada but I would prefer a taller boot.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a pair of Guides that I've had for a year. For the most part I like them quite a bit. I find the 200g of insulation is great for cool days when I'm doing a lot of moving and stopping, as well as for down right cold if I'm moving. My feet have gotten cold in the dead of winter while sitting and calling for coyotes, but everyone is different in that regard (a 600g would likely be better for that purpose when it's single digits outside). They have one of the more flexible soles of the boots I own... which makes them ultra comfortable to walk in on good terrain, but potentially less stable on steep rocky hillsides. I do like the height for a colder weather boot and they support the ankle well. So far, they've held up great and have kept my feet dry.

Fit is by far the most important thing though... if they dont fit you right none of the reviews really matter. I've got a narrow and lower volume foot, and with some green Superfeet and a thicker sock these do well for me.

Anything specific you want to know about them?

OP
L

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a pair of Guides that I've had for a year. For the most part I like them quite a bit. I find the 200g of insulation is great for cool days when I'm doing a lot of moving and stopping, as well as for down right cold if I'm moving. My feet have gotten cold in the dead of winter while sitting and calling for coyotes, but everyone is different in that regard (a 600g would likely be better for that purpose when it's single digits outside). They have one of the more flexible soles of the boots I own... which makes them ultra comfortable to walk in on good terrain, but potentially less stable on steep rocky hillsides. I do like the height for a colder weather boot and they support the ankle well. So far, they've held up great and have kept my feet dry.

Fit is by far the most important thing though... if they dont fit you right none of the reviews really matter. I've got a narrow and lower volume foot, and with some green Superfeet and a thicker sock these do well for me.

Anything specific you want to know about them?

Thanks for info much appreciated
I own the crispi Idaho and love them , my feet get a little cold when not moving so I thought maybe that additional 200 g of insulation would fulfill my needs for late season hunts. With that said I'm assuming you haven't had any issues with your feet getting wet due to snow or rain?
Thanks again jollyroger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, no issues getting wet from snow or rain. And I've worn them a fair amount in those conditions. I had a pair of Wyoming's for a while and the Guides feel like a more substantial/robust boot to me (likely due to the all leather construction). Fit is a little different just cause it's a different style, but if the Idaho fits you I think the Guide would fit well also.