Best Waterproofer for leather/synthetic boots

TauPhi111

WKR
What is the best waterproofing product for the leather and synthetic type boots you usually find from Rocky, Wolverine, Cabelas, etc with gortex and thinsulate lining? I'm just getting into western hunting and plan on getting a pair of Kenetrek or comparable brand for next year, but for now I have some lighter weight Wolverines and Heavier Cabelas Whitetails, both have which served me well doing a lot of mountain climbing in PA after deer and bear. Usually I just use Camp Dry or similar sprays, but I figure there has to be something better. The whitetails are Newer and are still totally waterproof, but the Wolverines are starting to leak after many years.

Suggestions?

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've always used Sno-Seal with great results.

I use the Kenetrek stuff for my Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI boots, only because they recommended it. I may go to Sno-Seal for them, cause I've run out of the Kenetrek stuff.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I use sno seal for my work boots and hunting boots including my Kennetreks, cause I lost my kennetrek wax. The sno seal stuff is great - the coating lasts a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
If you get Kennetreks I would suggest using their boot wax/sealer. It seems to work well, goes on very easy and absorbs well without pre-heating your boots with a hair dryer. I've used SnoSeal, Mink Oil and Oberhauffers (something like that) and they've all worked for my purposes. I would say Kennetrek then SnoSeal in that Oder. Good luck!

zhunter

FNG
If you get Kenetrek or similiar brand with Rubber rand use what they recommend so you dont run into seperation of the rubber from the leather. I have a couple pair of Kenetrek and use their boot wax and it is just fine. I have used Nik wax on other boots and really like it.
If you do buy Kenetrek I would recommend going a half size bigger, at least for me they ran small, while i like the boots I wish I would have gone a half size bigger.

OP
TauPhi111

TauPhi111

WKR
Can you use sno-seal on the fabric part of boots? My boots are not all leather.