Cabelas Pac Boots

Rokwiia

WKR
I'm looking at getting a pac boot for winter. Considering Cabelas Saskatchewan and Predator Extreme.

They would be used for shorter hikes of less than 2 miles RT from base camp. Have not tried them out. I'm confident they'll clunky at first. Just not sure whether you get used to them. I would expect they'd good around base camp.

How are these to hunt/hike around in? No mountains, just rolling wooded terrain.

Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear

Cabela's Online Store - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear

Last edited:

NoWiser

WKR
The Predator Extremes are the warmest boot I've ever worn. You will not get cold feet in them. I routinely ice fish in Northwest Ontario with real temperatures of -30 in them and my feet stay warm. This is sitting on the ice - no shack. They are big and clunky, but a couple miles is fine as long as you take your time. If you mainly plan on hiking, they are probably an overkill. If you are going to be sitting for hours at a time in very cold weather, they are a good choice.

jmez

WKR
I have the Inferno model and they are big and clunky. You get used to them but they are a bit of a pain. Kind of same experience with mine as NoWiser. Hiking in them your feet are going to sweat, they work better for sitting than walking. I use them late season only and ice fishing, I don't really walk much in them. Your feet won't get cold.

grfox92

WKR
I have Infernos I'm looking to sell. They are mint - like new condition size 10.5 worn +/- 4 times.

2 of the times I wore them was on deer drives in December and I don't remember them being any more clunky then a standard rubber hunting boot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk