Ongoing LE CHAMEAU CONDOR LCX HUNTING BOOT REVIEW

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The guys at Le Chameau made a deal with Robby for a couple of the Rokstaff to test some of their Condor hunting boots.

Brock and I jumped in and said we would give them a rundown. I agreed to test their Condor LCX Hunting boot and Brock said he would test out a taller, zip up boot. I just talked to Brock and it sounds like he is still waiting for a pair so hopefully he gets them soon and can add his thoughts.

The Condor LCX Hunting boot is a Nubuck leather boot with Michelin OC Deep Forest sole. I started out with a size 9.5 which is what I wear in just about everything and they seemed to fit decent but maybe a little big. I wore them around the house and to work a few days and they still felt a bit big but I thought with my hunting socks they may be just right. Then a friend called and said his wife had her first bull elk down and they could use some help cutting it up and packing it out. I was able to get within a mile of their location and started hiking up a very steep mountain to find them. As I made my way up the hillside it became apparent pretty quick that I was right all along and the boots were too big. Overall they actually worked fine throughout the hike in and then the pack out with a couple quarters in the Exo3500 I'm testing out. The only real issue was some pinching were the boots flexed as I walked up hill.

I contacted the rep when I got home and he agreed to swap them out with a size 8.5 which fit much better. So far I have only worn the new pair for about eight miles or so and they seem to be comfortable. I've got a four day blacktail hunt starting Thursday and I'll be testing them out in the wet, nasty jungle we call western Washington.

A few things from the Le Chameau website:

Description

Ultra-lightweight, innovative leather boot with multi-layer Le Chameau LCX® Technology, guaranteed to be waterproof and breathable. Made with environmentally friendly Terracare® full grain leather. Featuring the exclusive ‘Deep Forest’ sole with Michelin OC® compound for superior durability, flexibility, traction and comfort. Designed and developed for all-terrain, active stalking, hunting and trekking in temperatures as low as -10°C.

Due to the tighter fit found in our Condor range we recommend ordering 1 size larger than you would usually wear. I found this to be totally opposite obviously.

100% Waterproof and Breathable Le Chameau LCX® Technology

Using a complex 5-layer technology construction our LCX® lining prevents water permeating your boot whilst simultaneously allowing vapour to escape easily. Your feet will stay dry and comfortable whatever the weather.

FEATURES-MENS-CONDOR-BREATHABLE-592x344.png

Ultra-Lightweight

The Condor LCX® has been developed to be the lightest and most comfortable approach and hunting boot on the market, weighing just 1490 gram/pair. Designed in partnership with tyre experts Michelin®, the 'Deep Forest' sole is based on motocross tyre technology resulting in an exceptionally light, hardwearing and comfortable outsole that offers flexibility and grip in the most demanding terrain.

FEATURES-MENS-CONDOR-LIGHTWEIGHT-592x344.png

Resistant

With the 360° rubber rand, premium leather outer lining and Deep Forest sole the Condor LCX® provides you with the utmost resistance.

FEATURES-MENS-CONDOR-RESISTANT-592x344.png

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m following. It would be a miracle if all these companies could get together on common sizing. This is like the third issue this week I’ve heard of between boots and clothes from various companies. Everything else sounds good, let’s see how she rolls with some more use. Are they warm? Too warm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've got quite a few miles on these now and they are fitting well. Even with the correct size I was still getting some pinching where at the top of my foot/ankle area but it seems to be less and less as the boots break in. The shank on these is very flexible which makes them comfortable but not sturdy enough for mountain hunting in my opinion. Also, the leather seems to be very flexible and doesn't give the level of support I like and I actually rolled my ankle pretty good hiking the other day.

The waterproof membrane works very well with no leaking at all and the outsole gets good grip on wet terrain and in the snow. I will continue to use these for a some day hunting where I don't have a heavy pack on but I don't trust them as a mountain boot.

attachment.php

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Any update on these @Justin Crossley ? Appreciate what you have posted so far. I'm not looking at these for mountain hunting, but as a possible (albeit expensive) pair of day hunt/upland boots. (BTW, I think they have since changed the name to the "Chameau-Lite LCX" boots.) I'm glad I found this thread, as their site says to go *UP* a size from what you normally wear... At least they have a pretty decent foot measurement aid.

Last edited: