Crispi Briksdal

Forks

FNG
Curious if anyone has put some miles on these? I have run Salewa Mid Trainers for a few years and these seem close. Thanks for any input.

Curious if anyone has put some miles on these? I have run Salewa Mid Trainers for a few years and these seem close. Thanks for any input.
Put 80 miles on them this scouting season/hunting season in southwest MT. I like a relatively stiff boot (not full shank though) and these have been pretty great. Enough stiffness for the more technical rocky terrain, but just enough flex in the front 1/3 of the boot to be comfortable for long approaches. I put 3 backpack hunts on these boots this season, and stayed comfortable. They are remarkably waterproof. I have three concerns with the boot, one of which is totally personal preference. As I mentioned, I like a stiff boot! For the first 20 miles or so, these felt perfect, but they have become increasingly more flexible as they've broken in. I had 120 pounds of elk on my back for 4 miles during archery season, and I wanted more boot! My foot stayed nice and locked in, but not as supportive as I like in steep rocky terrain when loaded up with lots of weight. The second issue is that debris tends to build up in the fold the tongue/lacing system creates. I've had to totally remove the laces and dig the dirt/sticks/rocks out of that area a couple times now. Not a deal breaker, but kind of annoying. Lastly, these boots are LIGHT. Which is amazing. But I'm a little concerned with durability. I wear my gear extra hard, but these are designed/marketed as mountaineering boots, and they should be able to take the abuse. After this season, they are showing some serious signs of wear and tear. Make your own conclusions!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk