Rubber hunting boots

Rubber hunting boots - what to buy?

I don’t use these often but kept a pair of old gander mountains in the basement for occasional use, kinda on a shelf, kinda right near to my rinehart block I occasionally use for indoor practice. Let’s just say there was a bad shot, and four holes later (Five if you count drywall) I am in the market for a new pair.

So what is the current state of the market for rubber boots. I am looking for something sorta general. I am not a big fisherman or duck hunter. I use the for occasional hunts where I want more waterproofing than my goretex boots but not for much else.

Last edited:

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I really like using Lacrosse Aerohead boots. I have owned one pair of the first generation that I retired this season because the heels started to wear a bit too much. I recently bought the Aerohead Sport 7mm. It is pretty similar to my old boot but they updated the boot so the heel should not wear as much. I really like them and they work well for me.

Lacrosse Burly are real popular down here for deer hunters. The part # is 266040, sell for well under $100, and have foam insulation. I bought a size up, and wear two pairs of thick insulated socks. Lasted over 8 years so far, but I only used them for deer hunting, and occasionally around the house for garden work, etc.

Last edited: