Lathrop and Sons Boots

Guys,
Looking for some information on L & S boots. I'm really leaning towards their 3D kit and then ordering their Mountain Hunter Elite, any thoughts or dealings with these products?

cg2737

WKR
I purchased a pair for my CO hunt this year. Before I purchased the boots I called Lathrops. I talked to Stephen on the phone. He answered all of my questions and also had a bunch for me. He never hurried me on the phone, and did not push me into one of their boots. I ended up ordering the Mountain Hunter Elites. I also purchased the Synergy footbeds to go with them. I did not do the 3D sizing. Stephen told me that based on my answers to his questions he didn't think I needed to spend the extra money for the 3D sizing. When the boots arrived there was a note in the box asking me to call in before putting on the boots. I called in and I think I talked to James. He walked me through the best way to lace up the boots and general fit information. I wore these boots for the summer while preparing to go on my hunt. On my hunt I walked just over 90 miles in a two week span. I never once had a hot spot or a blister. I found these boots to be extremely comfortable. The traction was very good in the mountains.

After I got home from CO I started hunting whitetails. I noticed that my right foot was getting wet with creek crossings and heavy morning dews. I contacted Lathrops, they had me send the boots back in. A week later I had a brand new pair of leak tested boots at my door. I was very impressed with how they handled my problem.

I would, and will do business with Lathrops again. They are very helpful and customer oriented. If I were you I would call in and talk to them before you order.

OP
I
cg,
Thank you for the response. That is the exact feed back I was looking for! I've been looking for a new boot for a bit and after this years Elk hunting trip (around 25 miles in 4 days) my heals were tore up.

bat-cave

WKR
Look back from earlier this year and you will find more thoughts, including my own very positive review of the full custom Mtn Hunter ELite.