Scarpa Zanskar?

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been hunting for a new boot after my last trip to the hills this season. I knew I needed more stiffness in the soles, but still do a fair bit of closed logging road walking with the kids. So, I didn’t want a total mountaineering boot with zero flex to the sole. I hit up several friends to see what they have been using in an effort to find something that helps support on steeper terrain with heavy loads, but still works on some of the more tame hikes. One told me about his Scarpa Zanskars and how much he likes them for those very reasons. In doing some searching, they seem to be pretty highly rated, though I haven’t seemed to find a thread on here about them. Any users out there with thoughts? I think the only thing (without having tried them on) I wish they had were a couple more inches of height to keep junk from getting down inside. But from the sounds of it, they could be the boot I’ve been looking for.

Jeremy

OP
G

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
I think the number of despises answers my question :). I’ve been doing more reading and got to try on a few different boots, unfortunately no one locally carries the Zanskar. I’m leaning towards them, but need to do a bit more checking. If I end up getting them, maybe I’ll post up my thoughts in case someone else tries looking for some info on them.

Jeremy