Crispi Dakota GTX & Nevada durability?

I’m going to order my first pair of Crispis (probably the Dakota’s) and I’m wondering whether they’ll be durable enough for daily wear around the ranch? Will I wear them out very quickly (like a year) and need to replace them before using them next archery elk season? Since I’m hunting and guiding year round here in Texas, I was hoping they could serve as an all-around boot that I could also use for my backpacking. Or, would I be better off breaking them in but, then, putting them up and only using them when I’m backpacking?

If I could use them regularly and get 2-3+ years of use out of them, it would be worth it to me. Anyone know what the warranty is like on Crispi boots?

Crispius recommended I get the Dakota GTX but I’m curious if the Nevada’s would be more durable with the all leather construction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the nevadas. Great boot with all around stability. Check my review and photos after one year of hundreds of miles. Had them resold and still going strong after two years.

OP
BrushyHillGuide
I have the nevadas. Great boot with all around stability. Check my review and photos after one year of hundreds of miles. Had them resold and still going strong after two years.

Thanks Ross! I did read your review! So, I don’t have to worry about the interior frame or anything non-repairable breaking down? Does Crispi do resoles or did you have to have them redone by another company?

I wouldn’t want something cactus will poke through nor snakes.

I wear snake boots when they’re out moving but we really don’t have a lot of rattlesnakes any more. We have vigorously protected the Blue Indigo snakes for the past 25 years and between them and the hogs during the long drought we had, rattlesnake numbers are so far down (here) that just paying attention is enough. At most I may see one every few months when I’m out walking in the brush and I do that EVERY day!

Actually, Crispi recommended the Dakotas specifically because of the rand on that boot - they said it’d be more thorn resistant. In all honesty, though, I’ve been wearing lightweight canvas/cordura style boots like UA Ridge Reaper and Salomon GTX boots as my daily drivers for the past 4-5 years, with zero problems. If they didn’t leak within a few months, I might stick with them. But they do leak and after 6-9 months of near daily use they’re just not as comfortable and my back starts to feel the long walks. Crispi said that’s all due to the EVA midsole breaking down and the GoreTex liner not being a complete bootie and just being glued to the sole. I guess they know what they’re talking about. lol!

IdahoElk

WKR
Thanks Ross! I did read your review! So, I don’t have to worry about the interior frame or anything non-repairable breaking down? Does Crispi do resoles or did you have to have them redone by another company?

They have a shoe repair shop in Utah do the resoles.

I wear snake boots when they’re out moving but we really don’t have a lot of rattlesnakes any more. We have vigorously protected the Blue Indigo snakes for the past 25 years and between them and the hogs during the long drought we had, rattlesnake numbers are so far down (here) that just paying attention is enough. At most I may see one every few months when I’m out walking in the brush and I do that EVERY day!

Actually, Crispi recommended the Dakotas specifically because of the rand on that boot - they said it’d be more thorn resistant. In all honesty, though, I’ve been wearing lightweight canvas/cordura style boots like UA Ridge Reaper and Salomon GTX boots as my daily drivers for the past 4-5 years, with zero problems. If they didn’t leak within a few months, I might stick with them. But they do leak and after 6-9 months of near daily use they’re just not as comfortable and my back starts to feel the long walks. Crispi said that’s all due to the EVA midsole breaking down and the GoreTex liner not being a complete bootie and just being glued to the sole. I guess they know what they’re talking about. lol!

I hunt maverick and Webb. I stepped on a little bug Jan 15 last year. No cooler snake then indigo

The non insulated Nevada is what I would roll with but I havent seen the dakaota’s in person.

Last edited: