Fit of L&S Synergy Footbeds?

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
You guys provided some good insights on aftermarket insoles and after trying some different ones in my boots, I decided to give the Lathrop and Sons synergy footbeds a try. I was hoping some on here might be able to help me with a fit issue I’ve run into?

My boots are Scarpa Zanskars and the stock insoles have a noticeably “curved” heel cup. The L&S’s don’t have that heel cup-they’re flat. So, I ended up figuring out that if I push the footbeds back so the insole kind of curves up the inside of the boot, I can feel that noticeably on my heel as it doesn’t “blend” into the inside of the back of the boot. If I scoot the insoles forward so they lay flat, there’s a very small gap from the back of it to the back of the boot and I end up feeling that on my heel. I know this can’t be a unique problem. How have you guys dealt with this? Do you cut off some of the bottom of the heel at an angle so it can set back closer to the back of the boot and blend better? I hope those descriptions make some kind of sense... Thanks did any help.

Jeremy