Best lightweight boot

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
The Trango Cube GTXs are great boots, light, supportive, and stiff while feeling maneuverable. The sole, unfortunately, won't survive long in rough/rocky terrain.

I'll add to the list. I love my Lathrop and Sons Lowa Tech Lite Hunters.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

HeadnWest

WKR
The Trango Cube GTXs are great boots, light, supportive, and stiff while feeling maneuverable. The sole, unfortunately, won't survive long in rough/rocky terrain.

I don't know if I would put them in the light weight category. My size 9's weighed in at 3.3 lbs. To me that is a bit to heavy to be considered in the light category.

Murdy

WKR
The best lightweight boot I have tried is the Hanwag Mountain Light. Lathrop still has them listed on the website, although I am not positive if they still sell them. Very lightweight, however stiff enough for most anything I would ever encounter in the mountains.

Campsaver says the Mountain Light is discontinued by manufacturer. They look similar to the Hanwag Banks, which I own and love, but use as an everday boot, so they probably are a bit lighter than the Mountain Light.

Check out the Lowa Zephyr GTX, they have two heights available. They're not the absolute lightest, but they're a fantastic boot and are extremely flexible while still having great traction.

My local REI's (Seattle Area) all have them in stock, so yours might too.

Zephyr GTX Hi

Zephyr GTX Mid

Disco14

Lil-Rokslider
STP has some in a few sizes for $149

I was looking at the La SportivaTrango TRKs today at REI- does anyone have any experience? I'm comparing them to the Asolo Drifters, which I've worn for 3 -4 years now. I did love the fit but I still have concerns.

The Asolos seem to be stiffer and made of more durable materials while only giving up several ounces.

Can anyone provide feedback on either boot?

Thanks

Might have found what I’m looking for. At REI I tried Oboz Bridger Mid and love them. 19oz per shoe and come with a stock insole that rivals Superfeet. They are very comfortable and more durable and supportive than Salomons. They are also made in Bozeman, MT.

Oboz

Felix40

WKR
Oboz are good boots. I switched to them from Lowas and am very happy. They really lock my heel in well.

Felix40

WKR
I think they are about perfect for backpack hunting. You get a lot for your money. I always had to replace the insoles in asolo and lowa boots that I wore but these are good out of the box. Traction is excellent and they dont leak. Only thing that took some getting used to was the extra low heel drop. I tend to prefer lighter boots but I dont think you can get better ankle support without going with a taller upper.

DavePwns

WKR
I'll throw one out there for you to look at. I was in a similar search recently and wound-up settling into the Crispi Summit GTX. Nice stiffness for my crappy ankles and still lightweight. Also, the waterproofing was amazing. We got drenched multiple times this past hunting season to go along with hiking through knee deep snow in September. I would look at the outside of those boots at the end of the day, just knowing my feet were drenched. But, those suckers were bone dry on the inside every time. Probably have 100 miles on them from this past season and they are awesome. Just my opinion but, you might take a look at these if you get a chance.
What kind of terrane/climate do you hunt?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of terrane/climate do you hunt?

Montana mainly. Anywhere from 4000 to 9000 ft elevation. Standard stuff from deadfall covered slopes to shale slides to bare rock and then just normal top soil. Hopping over and through creeks and sloughs. I would recommend these boots to everyone to see how they fit you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What does this service do?

I actually live close enough that I went and got fitted for my boots. They have a bunch of different boots and I bought what they suggested, based on my foot shape and needs. They also offer a fitting service for Internet sales. It includes some kind of carbon paper and other stuff. You stand on the paper, where it takes an impression of your foot, then trace the outline. You also have to take a bunch of photos of your feet. You send all that stuff in and they'll recommend a boot for you. I think they'll even make adjustments to the boots to to get them fitting perfect. I think Zac Griffith did a YouTube video about the fitting service. Keep in mind, this fitting service is not free.

If I'm not mistaken the old man Lathrop is a podiatrist, while Steven ( the son ) has a degree in orthotics. They definitely know what they're talking about.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Another option is Scarpa Zodiac Plus GTX. They weight 1lb-3.2oz per shoe. I have not tried these, but definitely have my attention as they are light weight and made by one of the best mountaineering boot companies.