Hoffman Pac - Standard vs Claw sole

I received a pair of Hoffman Felt Voyager pac boots this week. I had ordered (and paid the upcharge) with the claw soles but they sent me a pair with the standard soles. I had them add the ankle straps so they were a custom order.

Does anyone have experience with the performance difference between the two soles? If there isn't much of a difference I can just seek reimbursement for the upcharge.

cgr1971

FNG
I have Voyagers with the claw lug sole and they sent me a picture of the standard soles. I would send them back and have the claw lug soles put on, I'm really impressed with mine.

OP
wind gypsy
I have Voyagers with the claw lug sole and they sent me a picture of the standard soles. I would send them back and have the claw lug soles put on, I'm really impressed with mine.

So they had me send a picture of my soles and it turns out I got the right soles. The website is a bit misleading in my opinion.

ezwy

FNG
Any More information on these? I'm looking at ordering a set of these and wondering how much difference the soles make. Are the claw just better in snow?

ezwy

FNG
Just FYI. I Got the regular sole. So far it's really good on snow and ice. I don't see how the claw could be much better.