Administrator
Staff member
Jordan spent last fall testing out this boot. Complete video here:

[video=youtube_share;HLguI6Uztpo]https://youtu.be/HLguI6Uztpo[/video]

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
how is the comfort compared to La Sportiva Trango Cube. I realize Trango Cube is stiffer,but just peerly on comfort over long miles.

That's tough to answer since they are such a different boot, but the Cubes are definitely a more narrow fit in the toe box. The Wyoming's have a pretty roomy toe box especially with how narrow the heel is. For me the 3 flex is more of a flat/moderate terrain flex. Just not quite enough stiffness tortionally for me in steep terrain like the Cubes have. Seems like my feet lock into my Cubes better as far as how much I have to re-tighten them throughout the day.

The Cubes in flat terrain are just too much, and walking a lot with them on moderate terrain decreases their comfy-ness for sure. But in rough terrain I wouldn't want anything less for side hills and steep country. The Wyoming's in steep country I couldn't get my feet to lock in as well for side hilling and had to be much more aware of blisters starting. Where as on more moderate terrain they were super comfortable and I never had a problem. It just totally depends what your looking to do with them and what your feet like. I wish there was one do it all boot but there just isn't.

brownbear

FNG
Another good video. I purchased my Crispi WY GTX a month ago now and have been slow to wear them and break them in. Took them for their first "real hike" with snow, mud, and rocks yesterday. Felt good- but I get a little discomfort at the top flex point above the ball. The "wire" digs a bit. Any parallel issues?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another good video. I purchased my Crispi WY GTX a month ago now and have been slow to wear them and break them in. Took them for their first "real hike" with snow, mud, and rocks yesterday. Felt good- but I get a little discomfort at the top flex point above the ball. The "wire" digs a bit. Any parallel issues?

I did at first, but I changed my insoles and it helped that issue. Hitting right behind the back of your big toe? The insoles I got pick the back of my heel up just slightly higher and I never had that discomfort again. That's how it went down for my foot anyways. Also seemed to go away as I wore them more. I actually had forgotten about that for the video.

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
Great review Jordan love the tie down system these have. I have a pair of Lowa’s I’ve had for the past 5yrs and they have been great but you do have to be quick and forceful while lacing up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brownbear

FNG
That's exactly where the (minor) discomfort is located. I do have the stock insole in-seems pretty decent. I have a few different superfeet that I can try. Thanks for the suggestion.