Crispi Briksdal GTX Semi-Live Review

Tiger Rag

WKR
I just received my Briksdal's yesterday and I'm going to say they're probably good for a D width foot but that's about it. It has a fairly precise fit, narrow heel, and works for someone like me with a low volume foot.

I'm generally a 12-1/2 US or 46.5 EU. My Briksdal's are 12-1/2 US / 46EU. I'd go a 1/2 size larger based on my example.

Evergreen

WKR
Got my Briksdahls yesterday, I wear a size 9.5 in the summits and had to order size 10's in the Briksdahl. Initial thoughts were WOW, finally a boot that fits my C width foot. Put them on and they conformed well around my foot. Wore them around the house for a few and decided to go on a short hike. Hike was about 2 miles and they kept feeling better with time! Boot IMO is a 9/10 as my only complaint is the locking eyelet doesn't lock at all, so after setting your tarsal and toe laces you can't lock what you've set while lacing the rest of the boot. Thanks Jordan for your review on these boots as it helped with my decision!!

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got my Briksdahls yesterday, I wear a size 9.5 in the summits and had to order size 10's in the Briksdahl. Initial thoughts were WOW, finally a boot that fits my C width foot. Put them on and they conformed well around my foot. Wore them around the house for a few and decided to go on a short hike. Hike was about 2 miles and they kept feeling better with time! Boot IMO is a 9/10 as my only complaint is the locking eyelet doesn't lock at all, so after setting your tarsal and toe laces you can't lock what you've set while lacing the rest of the boot. Thanks Jordan for your review on these boots as it helped with my decision!!

Legit! Interesting on the locking eyelet, maybe call them about it honestly. Mine locks super well. They are a BA set of boots!

You are welcome and good luck this season!

Tiger Rag

WKR
Agree on the locking speed lace.... Doesn't lock. Might be able to crimp it a little with pliers. Very, plush comfortable boot but not any where near stiff enough for me. I might try the SF but haven't made up my mind. I sent the standard Briksdal back. They might work great for you, just not as much of a mountaineering oriented boot that i imagined.

Evergreen

WKR
I called crispi and they suggested bending them, just not sure which way they need to bend. I'm used to the Kenetrek type stiffness and I would say these are a step above and will be good for my hunting terrain. Hope the SF's work out for you Tiger, let us know what you think of them.

Im gonna bump this up again. I have been running lowa boots in Wide the last few years.. Honestly Im not even sure if i need the wide tho. I can fit my fingers beside my foot in the bottom of the boot. I dont wear wide in anything else. that said the lowas have been really comfortable..

I have a pair of Renegades in a 11 W that I have a little more than a thumb width from the end of my toe to the end of the toe box.. And a Pair of tibets in a 10.5 W that I have about 3/4 of a thumb from the end of my toe to the end of the toe box.. The 10.5 get tight when I wear a thick pair of socks or try to wear two pairs whitetail hunting here in Texas..

Do you think these boots would fit me?? And would I need to try the 11s??

Evergreen

WKR
As I stated in my earlier post I wear a 9.5 in the Summit and also a 9.5 in Kenetrek. I had to size up 1/2 size in the Briksdahl
My feet run hot so with the 200g insulation I stopped using them about a month after I got them now I wish they made them uninsulated also. I'll probably start running them again in October. Great comfortable boot for me!!!

I initially ordered 9.5 (true size is 9) and ended up exchanging them for 9's after wearing them around the house a bit. The 9.5's didn't bend at the right spot at the toe.

DavePwns

WKR
Hey Jordan, thanks for the review. I too am trying to find a somewhat stiffer boot for archery elk. How do the briksdale compare to the Colorados?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Jordan, thanks for the review. I too am trying to find a somewhat stiffer boot for archery elk. How do the briksdale compare to the Colorados?

The Briksdal are more narrow for sure. It seems like they are a tad more stiff as well. The Briksdals feel a little more technical if that makes sense. The two are my go to mountain boots for early to mid season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokslider

FNG
The Briksdal are more narrow for sure. It seems like they are a tad more stiff as well. The Briksdals feel a little more technical if that makes sense. The two are my go to mountain boots for early to mid season.

Hey Jordan, do you like the lacing system near the toes on the Briksdal? Also any thoughts or complaints on the insulation? I need an insulated boot and have been eyeing this pair.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Jordan, do you like the lacing system near the toes on the Briksdal? Also any thoughts or complaints on the insulation? I need an insulated boot and have been eyeing this pair.

I love the laces on the Briksdal. Both boots have the locking eyelet in the perfect place for me. Insulation wise I do think it helps on the chilly mornings IF you can get them warmed up before, like hiking to the glassing point before sitting. When in snow and cold water I definitely think the insulation helps keep the chill out. I wouldn’t count on them to keep your feet warm for hours glassing in freezing temps. The double edged sword of insulation is when it gets cold, it’s cold and can take longer to warm up. I really think it depends on your hunting style. For hiking with shorter periods of glassing I think they’re a good bet.