Crispi Briksdal GTX Semi-Live Review

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would these be way stiffer than a pair of Nevada’s ?

I believe yes these would be a bit stiffer than the Nevada’s. Crispi has the flex ratings on their website, I can hop on and look later on if you can’t find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger Rag

WKR
Nevada's along with most of the available models are on the Crispi scale 3 out of 5. The pair Jordan has is 4 out of 5 and the additional model on its way is 5 out of 5.

No wide sizes? I have small wide feet, great balance but finding a perfect fitting boot is impossible. Do you know of a good boot that comes in wide?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
No wide sizes? I have small wide feet, great balance but finding a perfect fitting boot is impossible. Do you know of a good boot that comes in wide?

The other Crispi boot I have tried is the Wyoming. I know they come in wide sizes. They are a lighter more flexible boot than the Briksdal boots are. Les did a great review on those boots here on Rokslide if you want to check them out.

Jordan how do these boots compare to the Triango Cube's? Comfort and stiffness? I am looking for a highcountry early season boot for archery. I may consider the Crispi Wyoming boot, but not sure if the 3 flex is stiff enough.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan how do these boots compare to the Triango Cube's? Comfort and stiffness? I am looking for a highcountry early season boot for archery. I may consider the Crispi Wyoming boot, but not sure if the 3 flex is stiff enough.

They are slightly less stiff than my Cube's. I would consider the Cubes a 5 on their flex rating. Comfort wise they are about the same for me on both, I had a little longer break in time with the Cubes versus the Briksdals but neither of them were bad at all considering how stiff they are. The width is about the same on both boots it feels like to me and they feel pretty similar. In regards to the Wyoming boot, I ran that last year a bit and it's too flexible for my liking on the mountain, especially in a rugged highcountry atmosphere. Hopefully that helps!

They are slightly less stiff than my Cube's. I would consider the Cubes a 5 on their flex rating. Comfort wise they are about the same for me on both, I had a little longer break in time with the Cubes versus the Briksdals but neither of them were bad at all considering how stiff they are. The width is about the same on both boots it feels like to me and they feel pretty similar. In regards to the Wyoming boot, I ran that last year a bit and it's too flexible for my liking on the mountain, especially in a rugged highcountry atmosphere. Hopefully that helps!

Jordan, thanks for the response as this definitely helps. One other question do you think the Briksdal's would be to warm in early season high-country? I know you wore them in the 70's. Most of my temps will be mid 40's at night/morning to 75-80 daytime high temps. i wish they made the Briksdale in non-insulated.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jordan, thanks for the response as this definitely helps. One other question do you think the Briksdal's would be to warm in early season high-country? I know you wore them in the 70's. Most of my temps will be mid 40's at night/morning to 75-80 daytime high temps. i wish they made the Briksdale in non-insulated.

I think it's just going to depend on your feet obviously, but I thought those boots breathed really well. When it's closer in the 80's my feet just sweat even in those un-insulated Trango's. One thing those Trango's are terrible for is any kind of chilly weather, that synthetic material gets cold really fast. There's quite a few mid September mornings where I wished I had that 200g insulation. I wished that sheep hunt would have went another day because I wanted to wear the Briksdal's one day and the Cube's the next day just to compare that very thing. For me in those temp ranges I wouldn't be too worried about that insulation because they do breath well.

When you describe the Briksdal's as slightly less stiff than the Cubes, do you mean in the flex of the sole or the support in the ankle? I have a pair of Cube's, but find that they offer enough sole flex but lack in ankle support when carrying 80-100 lb loads. Trying to find a boot that is fairly light/covers lots of ground easily without being too board like in the sole and also give sufficient ankle support. Hard to do!

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
I really want these briksdale, but why no wide sizes? I have the thor's in 11 wide and they fit perfectly. Has any tried these boots that have wide feet? I could go with the Nevada's but like the stiffer boot with a little more ankle support.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you describe the Briksdal's as slightly less stiff than the Cubes, do you mean in the flex of the sole or the support in the ankle? I have a pair of Cube's, but find that they offer enough sole flex but lack in ankle support when carrying 80-100 lb loads. Trying to find a boot that is fairly light/covers lots of ground easily without being too board like in the sole and also give sufficient ankle support. Hard to do!

Sorry man I just saw this! I was meaning sole flex. The ankle support is more rigid in the Briksdal’s because of the ABSS Crispi uses. Honestly if you get the Briksdal SF model that’ll be pretty dang close to the sole flex of the Cubes but better ankle support. I haven’t quit had that problem with my Cubes, but you can just tell comparing boots that the Briksdal has stiffer ankle support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Briks able to accommodate slightly wider feet by keeping the laces a little more "loose" at the toe box, or do you need a fairly narrow foot to start with?

Tiger Rag

WKR
Are the Briks able to accommodate slightly wider feet by keeping the laces a little more "loose" at the toe box, or do you need a fairly narrow foot to start with?

I just received my Briksdal's yesterday and I'm going to say they're probably good for a D width foot but that's about it. It has a fairly precise fit, narrow heel, and works for someone like me with a low volume foot.

I just received my Briksdal's yesterday and I'm going to say they're probably good for a D width foot but that's about it. It has a fairly precise fit, narrow heel, and works for someone like me with a low volume foot.

Think I'm in that gray area between D and E. So do I go a 1/2 size bigger, or go true/normal...