LOWA Hunter GTX Evo Extreme

Jake C.

FNG
Just looking for honest feedback about this boot. Going on a rifle elk hunt to Montana near Polson. Ive got an uncle out there and he said to expect snow. He gave me several choices of boots he recommended and I like what ive heard about the Lowa's best. Just seeing what you all have to say about them.

Kotaman

WKR
Great boot, but it is ALOT of boot. I wear them for snowshoeing and winter hunting. I prefer Lowa Bighorns for my mountain hunting. Similar boot, but a little less substantial.

snakelk

WKR
Solid boot. This will be my fourth year with these, primarily wearing in the Hell's Canyon area. Yes, it is a lot of boot. They are stiff soled, about like my Asolo and Scarpa mountaineering boots, yet comfortable on flat ground. They really shine when side-hilling and climbing. If I was in the market for a new pair of solid mountain boots, I'd buy these again.

OP
J

Jake C.

FNG
Solid boot. This will be my fourth year with these, primarily wearing in the Hell's Canyon area. Yes, it is a lot of boot. They are stiff soled, about like my Asolo and Scarpa mountaineering boots, yet comfortable on flat ground. They really shine when side-hilling and climbing. If I was in the market for a new pair of solid mountain boots, I'd buy these again.
\

Ive seen on a couple different posts that guys recommend to go up a size when buying Lowa's. Would any of you guys also recommend this??

Kotaman

WKR
\

Ive seen on a couple different posts that guys recommend to go up a size when buying Lowa's. Would any of you guys also recommend this??

The only Lowa I size up in is the Tibet. I have roughly 7 other styles (including the extremes) of Lowas and all are my regular size.

snakelk

WKR
I didn't size up at all with the Hunter GTX Evo's and they fit me well. I'd say I have average width size 10.5-11 feet. The 10.5 Lowa work, but I think I could wear an 11 and be fine too.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Just looking for honest feedback about this boot. Going on a rifle elk hunt to Montana near Polson. Ive got an uncle out there and he said to expect snow. He gave me several choices of boots he recommended and I like what ive heard about the Lowa's best. Just seeing what you all have to say about them.

This is a beastly boot bordering on clunky. It's heavy with a stiff sole. It takes some good break in time if that's a consideration. I wouldn't jump right into a hunt with them before putting at least 25-50 miles on them. I never use mine anymore as it's just to much boot for anything except guaranteed serious weight packing in bad weather. I prefer a lighter boot. I think they are over 4lbs a pair.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I have the Tibet GTX Hi, which are essentially the same boot except for mine have no insulation. I've used them well below freezing (I'm pretty sure below 0 as well, can't remember though if it was these ones or a different pair) and been fine, so you should be good with the Hunters. They're great boots, tons of ankle support and very comfortable. Can't go wrong with them!

MTSabo

WKR
Ive had a pair for 3 years now. They are holding up very well and I have put a ton of hard miles on them. The soles are to the point where I should have them resoled. They are a bit heavy and sometimes I wish I got the Tibet gtx hi but when the temps drop I'm sure glad to have them.

I have size 14 and they fit like a 13.5 which just happens to be perfect for me.