Dealer or place to try boots in Ohio

TauPhi111

WKR
Does anyone familiar with the Dayton/Cincinnati area of Ohio know of any dealers of quality hunting boots or a place where I can try on several styles of boots before I buy? Last year's elk hunt put the final nail in the coffin of my Wolverines and I'm in the market for some quality boots, but I want to make sure they fit right before I drop $300+. There is a Cabelas right up the road, but they don't carry brands like Lowa or Kennetrek, Schnees, Zamberlan, etc. I've been considering a pair of their boots made by Meindl, but I've heard mixed reviews on them.

So, anyone know of a place I can go? Also, any honest feedback on the Cabelas Meindl boots?

I've also found a good deal on some Zamberlan 1015 Cougars. Any feedback about those as a Sept-Nov mountain hunting boot?

Thanks guys!

Grumman

WKR
REI carries Lowa, give the Cincy REI a call to see if they have them in stock. I was there a few weeks ago but didn’t look at boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeBull

FNG
Charm harness and boot has what you are looking for in Charm, OH, but you will have to drive a couple of hours.

I'm just outside Cincinnati and ended up ordering several pair from Amazon since they had free returns. Just make sure free return is listed when placing order. Zappos and shoe.com are other options. Unfortunately just not many good options around here. REI has a limited selection last time I was there. Might give them a call.

I have owned the Cabela's Meindels for over 20 years. Great boot but noticed some models are now made in China. Don't think they make the ones I have anymore. They're cordura and leather. Had first pair for 15 years and my current pair for about 8. These are pretty much only used early season bowhunting anymore. Depending on where I am going and type of hunt I currently run Salomon Quest 4D's or Lowa Cevedales.