Australian pull on boots.?

boom

WKR
NO..i am NOT to the point where i need velcro "laces" on my shoes. :)

i wear 8" tall, lace up work boots almost daily. my street shoes are some lace up ankle-tall Soloman light urban hiker..and my hunt boots..yup laces. dont even get me started on my motorcycle boots.

i want to lazy things up sometimes. just pull on some good comfortable shoe and go. it got me thinking..Blundstones! i tried a few,and they almost have a plasticy feel to them. very lightweight. i was kinda crestfallen. then..i found my nursery carries RedBACKS!! similar to the Blundstones but the leather is significantly thicker. i went back and forth..trying on boots for sizing. they only have black boots..i want brown. the nursery told me they have been backordered for two months. so with my size in mind..i ordered them from Amazon. i should get them Friday.

anyone have other pull on boot options? any experience with the Aussie boots?

to pull this back to hunting..pull on boots are awesome for those late night pee runs when truck camping :)

Just kidding, only boots I ever had slip on wise that didn’t rub heels to bad on long inclines
Is the Danner Sharptails

Years ago I used to work at a hunter jumper horse barn. A lot of us that worked there wore the Blundstones. They were super comfy, fairly water resistant, and easy to work in thenput on half chaps to ride. A lot more versatile and functional than tall boots. I had 2 pairs. The first pair I absolutely loved and had for years. When those crapped out on me I got a second pair and that’s where it went sideways on me. One day about 6-8 months in I was walking and my footfalls felt weird. Then I stepped on a rock and felt it shoot into my heel. I looked down and my boots sole had totally disintegrated on me. The was a trail of rubber chunks behind me for about 5-6 strides distance. I don’t know if it was a bad rubber or some sort of whatever but they failed me gloriously.
Danner used to make a boot very similar and tac 5-11 makes a uniform boot in the low pull on Style. I’m not sure if they come in anything other than black though.

I now wear Ariat QuickDraw cowboy boots about 80% of the time when not at the firehouse. Of course I’m doing a lot of work and riding and such and they may not be the best for general wearing around. Ariat also have low pull on kind of a moccasin style shoe I’ve heard is really comfy.

NO..i am NOT to the point where i need velcro "laces" on my shoes. :)

i wear 8" tall, lace up work boots almost daily. my street shoes are some lace up ankle-tall Soloman light urban hiker..and my hunt boots..yup laces. dont even get me started on my motorcycle boots.

i want to lazy things up sometimes. just pull on some good comfortable shoe and go. it got me thinking..Blundstones! i tried a few,and they almost have a plasticy feel to them. very lightweight. i was kinda crestfallen. then..i found my nursery carries RedBACKS!! similar to the Blundstones but the leather is significantly thicker. i went back and forth..trying on boots for sizing. they only have black boots..i want brown. the nursery told me they have been backordered for two months. so with my size in mind..i ordered them from Amazon. i should get them Friday.

anyone have other pull on boot options? any experience with the Aussie boots?

to pull this back to hunting..pull on boots are awesome for those late night pee runs when truck camping :)
In terms of every day wear, georgia romeos are good, and here at home we wear rubber boots all the time. I had a pair of wolverene pull on leather boots that I used working in the shipyard. Not sure where anyone got the idea for uggs....

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Ariats are better than blunnies. Redback are ok, there's heaps of brands available down here. Olivers are all my old man wears, they're made here in the town i'm at right now.

I looked at blundies and went with a set of danners. File that under what not to do. Fit is fine but the soles are slick as snot. Ice, snow, water. They slide like skates.

OP
B

boom

WKR
Ariats. i had a pair i wore to death. loved them.

i went to the store, showed them to the hot country girl working at the store and she handed me a new pair. exact ones. i kicked off the old ones, put on the new ones and drove home to California. old ones got tossed in Texas.

BIG MISTAKE! the heel cup was built differently. you could feel it by hand..by heel: it was a damn torture device. it was like i needed to stick a piece of duct tape to cover the seam the heel cup was sown into the boot. they are unwearable. they are now in my garage..i might put them on to go out into the backyard to pickup a dog turd. inexpensive boot for sure. maybe i;ll show them to a cobbler.