Trying out boots in CO

Recently moved to Colorado. Looking for the best hunting store/outdoor gear store to try on boots. Have several in mind I want to look at but I would like to try them on for size as opposed to ordering and hope I get the right size. I love Lowa boots because they fit me well and would like to try out to Lowa Tipet GTX. Heard they run smaller than most Lowa’s so would like to try them on. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
boldingbowmen
Yeah I have checked with REI. There is not a pair of Lowa Tipets to be found in any of the Front Range Stores. Maybe just this time of year they don’t have them in store inventory. They have them online but want to try them on first. I will look into Sportsman. Maybe I will have better luck. Thanks

geriggs

WKR
Scheels up north has kennys and crispis...as well as the standard cheaper brands. I also think No Limits Archery is still carrying a lot of Crispis.

topher89

WKR
Yeah I have checked with REI. There is not a pair of Lowa Tipets to be found in any of the Front Range Stores. Maybe just this time of year they don’t have them in store inventory. They have them online but want to try them on first. I will look into Sportsman. Maybe I will have better luck. Thanks

I found them last year at the Flagship store in Denver. Again, that was a year ago so who knows that they have today.

Ozz08

WKR
I just bought a pair of Tibets at the Denver REI back in November. Hard to believe they all of a sudden don’t stock them. They also had the cevedale, mountain experts, a couple different la sportiva models, and if I remember correctly they had scarpa kinesis and scarpa charmoz. Best selection of mountain boots of any REI I’ve ever been in.

OP
boldingbowmen
REI?? If so thanks I will check it out.

Just checked and you are correct. They must have just gotten them in because I checked earlier in week. Thanks for the heads up.

wildcat33

WKR
REI boot selection varies by season. Come spring they will have a few more backpacking style boots in stock. They occasionally carry the Zamberlain Guide GTX which is another great boot with a slightly different feel than the tibet. A little more nimble and narrow. Might give Bent Gate in Golden a call as well and see what they have.

Jbehredt

WKR
Just checked and you are correct. They must have just gotten them in because I checked earlier in week. Thanks for the heads up.

If you can’t find them on display ask an associate. They’ve pulled things from the back for me before. If the site says it’s there it’s in the store somewhere or it’s been stolen.

davsco

WKR
in situations like this, where one or two stores done have everything you want to look at, in stock, i just order a bunch of varieties online and return the ones i don't want. some place have free returns, some have nominal return shipping charges, like $6-10. worth it to be able to have a lot of big ticket things all in one place for you to try and compare at your leisure.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
If you're in the springs sportsmans warehouse. The rei here sucks. Had to drive to Denver to realize that lowa sucks.