Any solid suggestions for insoles?

kory_tams

FNG
Luckily, I don't have a need for any specific, medical grade orthotics, but I do notice after 4 or 5 days in the grind that my feet are a little tighter than normal. Any of you guys use an insole OTHER than what comes factory with your boots?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
Super feet green. Use em in all my boot except my kenetreks. The factory kenetrek insoles are just as good as the super feet so I roll with the oem on kene's.

Greens are in my Solomon quests, crispi Nevadas and my meindls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
K

kory_tams

FNG
Super feet green. Use em in all my boot except my kenetreks. The factory kenetrek insoles are just as good as the super feet so I roll with the oem on kene's.

Greens are in my Solomon quests, crispi Nevadas and my meindls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I darn near bought a pair of those today, they've stuck out in my search for suggestions too... looks like I've narrowed it down! Thanks Jardo!

I bought some Greens and they were better than my stock Asolo insoles but still not great (for me). We had one day where we were forced to do like 23 miles with full packs and the Greens gave me some blisters. The Lathrop & Sons insole has been magic for me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I'm currently looking for a new set for my lowas. Alot of green super feet love out there but also alot of complaints they are hard. The lathrop synergy I don't see much hate for and I'm probably going that route myself.

OP
K

kory_tams

FNG
I'm currently looking for a new set for my lowas. Alot of green super feet love out there but also alot of complaints they are hard. The lathrop synergy I don't see much hate for and I'm probably going that route myself.
I do like the gel of the LS Synergy over the hard plastic of the Greens... and I think a lot of my aches come more from shock and flexing rather than lack of support, so I might have to consider the Synergies! That's why I love this forum... plenty of collective experience to help me make up my mind haha

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
I do like the gel of the LS Synergy over the hard plastic of the Greens... and I think a lot of my aches come more from shock and flexing rather than lack of support, so I might have to consider the Synergies! That's why I love this forum... plenty of collective experience to help me make up my mind haha

Synergies for me too. Surprisingly they do offer some support too since the wings wrap up the sides a bit and the heel is in a cup. Superfeet greens don't work for me and the oranges take up quite a bit of space.

OP
K

kory_tams

FNG
Synergies for me too. Surprisingly they do offer some support too since the wings wrap up the sides a bit and the heel is in a cup. Superfeet greens don't work for me and the oranges take up quite a bit of space.
So on the side wings, are those not meant to be trimmed as much as near the toe, so that they DO wrap up the sides of my feet? I can see that being a huge help for side-hilling...

Don't trim the wings. This is where arch support is achieved. Just trim out the toe. Pick up a pair - you will thank us later :D

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
So on the side wings, are those not meant to be trimmed as much as near the toe, so that they DO wrap up the sides of my feet? I can see that being a huge help for side-hilling...

correct. don't trim the wings. you'll get more support than you might think. they are meant to go up the sides and they do provide some arch support.

GotDraw?

WKR
I use SOLE brand, Dean Karnazas model, heat moldable insoles.

Best thing I ever did. Never a blister, never any toe jam. I cannot endorse them enough. I usually have to heat and mold them 2x before they are rightous. I have heard that they changed their formulation and that this may have effected their durability so I encourage you to read up on that.

I did not go with any type of gel pad, because I was concerned about having a non-breathable (basically rubber) pad under my feet when my feet were sweating. Maybe this is a non-issue, but it concerned me.

JL

OP
K

kory_tams

FNG
I use SOLE brand, Dean Karnazas model, heat moldable insoles.

Best thing I ever did. Never a blister, never any toe jam. I cannot endorse them enough. I usually have to heat and mold them 2x before they are rightous. I have heard that they changed their formulation and that this may have effected their durability so I encourage you to read up on that.

I did not go with any type of gel pad, because I was concerned about having a non-breathable (basically rubber) pad under my feet when my feet were sweating. Maybe this is a non-issue, but it concerned me.

JL
Heat moldable?? I might have to look at those then too... that sounds intriguing, thank you!