Elk Hunting Boots For Daughter 13 Years Old

Jardo

WKR
I could use some advice fellas. My 13 year old daughter has decided she wants to go hunt this fall with her old man. I'm not certain where we will be hunting yet. Waiting for draw results. Most likely Utah or New Mexico in October. Possibly CO or WY, but not likely.

I want to get the boots soon so she can start breaking em in. Need waterproof, warm, and comfy. She's a tough girl and won't complain much. She'd develop blisters before she complains. We will hike 4-7 miles each day of the hunt. I expect mornings in the teens and afternoons in the 60s.

So, what'd y'all think is best boot for her. Not too worried about budget but want to stay under $350 or so cuz she'll outgrow them by next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
For a season or two , easy fit, comfy, warm and no break in , good waterproofing for said lifespan and easy to get , I would recommend under armour brow tine, they come in a variety of insulation ranges and are decent boots for one hard season or a few easier seasons , comfy out of the box , light yet effective, for the expected lifespans due to fit I don’t think you could go wrong,
Have to say the synthetics will eventually break down sooner than almost any leather boot, synthetics dry fast also helping with moisture control, ive owned two pair never happy with durability over a course of a long year of scouting , early archery , rifle season into some bird hunting and other winter activities , between all terrain and elements they broke down quick, my wife has had hers for going on three years, of limited use but tough terrain , hand full of outings a year and still function as new, an not once heard complaining of any feet issues from soreness to cold feet, happy wife happy hunt :)

Btaylor

WKR
We got my wife a pair of Lowa Bora's last year and she really likes them. I think they just a tad under $200.