Kenne hardscrabble sizing

Oldffemt

WKR
Do they run true to size? Decent ankle support? Tell me about them fellas.
Thanks

Benjblt

WKR
They seem to run true to size for me but I think most boots run slightly big. Theyh are the most comfortable boot I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
I'm fortunate enough to live in Bozeman where Kenetreks headquarters is. I usually wear 11 wide but ended up getting the 11 regular after trying them both on in their retail store. The 11 wides felt a little loose and being a leather boot I wanted them to break in and mold to my foot. They hurt for the first couple weeks but they have been a really good boot ever since. I did have to have them rebuilt after 17 months but I was also wearing them every single day and was working in the mountains as a fisheries technician.

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
My size 12m hardscrabbles seem to be pretty close to normal fit. Definitely didn't need to order a size up. But also wouldn't need to size down either because once your foot is in them it doesn't slide forward hardly at all going down hill. Outstanding ankle support at first. After the first time I waxed them and wore them a few more times, they got softer and more flexible still plenty stiff enough. But if you tie them tight enough, they still have great support. I've been wearing mine every day for about a week and the only complaint I have is that the insoles hurt my feet. Don't think my feet need the big arch support and it digs into my foot pretty bad when I'm walking uphill. Just switched them out tonight with some older, softer ones. I think they'll be much better after that.

Bottom line, don't be afraid to buy these boots. They're outstanding. The stiffness took some getting used to for me, but they are by far the best boots I've ever owned. They're also the perfect height in my opinion. Can't say enough about these boots as of right now, can't wait to hopefully be able to review them again a long long time from now!

Benjblt

WKR
Do they run true to size? Decent ankle support? Tell me about them fellas.
Thanks

What size do you need? I was thinking of selling my 8-1/2's. They haven't been used other than wearing them around the flat trail by my office (only a couple of miles.)

Benjblt

WKR
To add, Kenetrek are the best fitting boot for my foot I have EVER tried. I've used the Mountain Extreme and just bought the Hardscrabbles. They never hurt my feet from day one and that include breaking them in in the Hells Canyon region of Oregon (not recommended). Once broken in they are like a second skin on your feet. (in a good way).

Idahoboy

FNG
I agree with everyone else, I wear 10 in sneakers and 10.5 in boots. For comparison they fit me the same as my Lowas. Hardscrabble is a very comfortable boot. My only problem was I have narrow feet. On flat ground they were great, climbing uphill they have me blisters on the back of my heals. I tried different ways to tie the laces and bought "filler" insoles from kenetrek(advice from them). Nothing worked, so I sold mine.